Monday, November 12, 2012

Is Ron Carlivati the Mitt Romney of the Soap World? Wake Up!! You're Losing the Election...

Okay, I have to say I love Carlivati on Twitter. He's the definition of "snark-alicious", but, God, WTH is happening here?  I tuned out as I was more interested in the fate of the country and the free world.  But, now that I can breath and get some sleep, I can't believe my eyes.

Wake up!! You're headed down the wrong path. Your polls are wrong.  You've misjudged the electorate. And, no, I'm not talking about Republicans. I'm talking about the creative team of GH.  You're losing and that should be obvious. 

Re-trench and re-gain your focus. This crap is backfiring and it may mean soon you'll be as relevant as Mitt Romney- someone who had a chance once but squandered it with a bad message and misreading the public.  Soon enough, Carlivati and Valentini, you'll only be discussed in a postmortem of what went wrong.  This crap is embarrassing.  I'd say at least 47% of the viewers aren't liking it or interested.  And the numbers back me up.

Now, I'm not saying I'm the Plouffe or Messina of soaps, but Axelrod was friends with my uncle and I am from Chicago- and we're both Jews.  So, draw your own conclusions.  Just in case you don't know, those three men won the election for the President.  All Hail Them!!!!

At any rate, I did have some time and tuned in Friday. I always liked AJ, found him infinitely more interesting than the initially sweet and drab Jason, and Sean Kanan's the only AJ I knew. I still like him and as I detest Carly, I'm obviously Team AJ.  But WTH was that crap at the end?  A mask?  No kidding, are you joking? A mask???????  That's moronic, even for a soap, and that's saying a lot.  I was appalled. And I sat through a lot of Carlivati crap before. But this was beyond the pale.  It was, for lack of a better term, lazy.

Look, we're soap fans. We know the gig and we're on board with it. We accept not-dead dead people, we accept face and body changes, we accept evil twins. Hell, we even accepted Erica's not abortion. That was pushing it, but we accepted it. But a mask??? That's so unimaginative, it's trite. It's not pithy and campy, it's stupid.

When we get over the top crap, we expect a little bit of effort at least.  The "Johnny Knowing Todd's Secret" rewrite was pushing it yet it was okay.  The "CIA Program for Unmarried Mothers" was pushing it but amusing in it's stupidity. We shook our heads but let it go. We all knew it was dumb but at least it took a minute to think of it and a chuckle, I'm sure, was had by all.  But a mask?? Come on, Guys, this is beneath you. It's a cop-out for a cop-out. 

What about the Evil Twin- the old soap standby?  What about Face Change Surgery? What about, well, anything, but this?  It's beyond lazy into the world of, well, I don't know what. Sloth, maybe.  If you want to keep the audience on board, you have to at least pretend to care.  This shows that you don't.

I can hardly comment on the Ickification of Todd Manning. It's gross and I know I tuned out. I don't plan to tune back in to see that. It's nauseating to see a convicted sex offender try to manipulate a dumb woman with a massive ass into bed as she's upset and weeping a little. That's not hot. It's disgusting.  Here's a question, Guys, was the Marty rape a "Legitimate Rape" and this one isn't? Did Carly's body "shut that down", as the Fucking Pig Non-Senator Akin said?

Remember how white washing rape did for Republicans this time around.  I'm ashamed of you all. I have more faith in you but maybe you're the type of Gay Men who vote Republican.  It's nice to see the numbers support me.  Good number for your rape scene on that Friday....only not. 

I don't care if Todd's wearing a mask or brain damaged, as I'm sure he is, I'm not watching that.  Todd reverting back to Frat Boy #2 isn't interesting to me.  I hated Frat Boy #2 and seeing anyone think it's hot makes me afraid. I find this disgusting and worry for their real world relationships.  They're sick. I can't abide Carly but even I feel sorry for her.

Bad stuff here, Guys.  Bad stuff. Keep going and soon we'll be discussing "what went wrong" with you all.  Remember, there are things that work and things that don't.  This ain't working.  Now, fix it. Get your heads out of the sand or you'll see how it feels to lose.  Everything. 

Someone let me know when Viki's back.  This stuff is not for me. 


1 comment:

  1. Viki is not back but maybe Tomas as Alcazar or Alcazar is Tomas...lol

    ReplyDelete