Sunday, February 5, 2012

Immaturity and Arrogance in Chicago: Neener, Neener, Neener, ABC Daytime!

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/ratings-gh-hits-new-lows

I....LOVE..............THIS!!!!!

It's mean and immature and vindictive...but I don't care. There's nothing like seeing proof of ABC's massive fuck up in print. And seeing GH tank is the best proof of that! Saving that bloated mess rife with divas and attitudes and cancelling the quality, quiet show was moronic at best. Seeing that it was pretty obvious that OLTL was helping GH maintain their already crappy numbers is sweet, although anyone with any sense could have seen it. Without the strong lead in, GH tanks- losing 384,000 in one week while all the other shows go up. What does that tell you, ABC??? Maybe you cancelled the wrong show? Maybe you could have used OLTL's numbers for another six months while we all watch GH descend into Passions territory.

I foresee cancellation in the next week or two. I will fell a little bad but not really. GH is a mess and a symbol of everything that's been wrong with ABCD for years. This final boneheaded move is just further proof of their incompetence and arrogance. So, I'd like to amend my usual rant tonight in light of this news. Not only can ABC bite me, but so can all the obnoxious people at GH who thought they were better and were none too upset about OLTL being cancelled. No names, of course, but that's not necessary. So, fill in the blank, but you can bite me, too!!! Your show was being carried by its lead in and now, we can see how successful it is on its own. Which, BTW, is not at all.

Let the pink slips fly, Valentini!!This loser's over! Cut the costs as the bottom line is all that matters now. Let there be a bloodbath beginning at the top and then work your way down. Then, fill in with OLTL actors and characters galore and watch those numbers rebound!! I'm already on board for the Todd and Blair week. Extend it, if Howarth will agree, and make it TNB Spring with Viki visiting and then, hell, just move the whole show to Llanview and we'll all close our eyes and pretend it's Llanfair, not the Quartermaine mansion.

I'm sure everyone would be game. Let's all play pretend. Pretend Port Charles is Llanview. Pretend GH is OLTL. And pretend it won't be cancelled anyway. I'm up for it. It's all not real anyway. Let's enjoy our spring and summer and let ABC make a little money in the process. I won't hold it against them! I'm easy. Just give me what I want and I'm yours. Disposable income and all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment