Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Best Thing Ever: They're Back and Ready to Cut a Bitch!

Okay, I don't know what the deal is here and this sucker is hard to find. I can't find it through a traditional search, but I found it. And it is the BEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!

You all have to see this:



Isn't that the best? Isn't it great? Look, it's VIKI!! I'm so excited I could spit. But I won't. I hate spitting. It's icky. At any rate, it's heating up, Kids. It's fun and hot and warm and sweet and sour and angry. And I'm loving every second of this.

It's really rather shocking that this promo is this good. I love the AMC one as it's sweet and wonderful and I cried, but, Kids, this one ROCKS!! It's all about the good people. It's Viki and Dor Lord. It's Viki and GILF extraordinaire, Clint. It's Cutter, who's fun, and Rama, who's fun, too. It's Matt and Des, who I could live without but nothing's perfect. It's some new people I'm not interested in but don't mind their presence.

What I do love, though, is that they picked some of the best scenes from the past to highlight as they're my favorites. I love the Bo "I love you, Red" to Nora. My God, do they get better than RSW? I don't think so. He's one of the Bo's. 'Nuff said.  And David being too damn funny for words. The premiere was spectacular and I don't care what anyone says. I think he and TW are pure comedy gold. I love him!

Okay, I am a Todd and Blair fangurl but not a GBW person. But it was nice and I love them no matter what. The over the top romance stuff doesn't work for me and the hair.  My God, the hair!! But, that's fine. It's sweet and those two can make anything hot. 

Then there's Tea and her boy, Vic. I always called him "Special Needs Vic" but if he's Vic, and not Todd, then I'm good with him. Welcome back, Vic! Nice to see you and keep your girl sexed up and happy. I'll fast forward through that, as it's not my scene, but you go for it!  And I do love the Todd/Vic hate. It's a thing of beauty and if you bring in the little ladies, it should be spectacular. More reason to hate Jack as he'll inevitably pick the wrong side.

And speaking of Jack, he's there being the annoying prick he no doubt will be. They picked the jail scene, which is obviously foreshadowing. I could live without DanYeller and the wailing, but, hey, nothing's perfect. If they make her a drug addict, I'd love it. Or a whore. That would work for me.

Now for the shock. The real shock. Natalie, who's as spectacular as ever, and...........John? I could see John, as in a recast, but there he is, John, as in Easton. Like all over the place. Like they get their story retold and then he's with Vic and Todd and Blair and I don't get it. And it makes me wonder why I can't find this video the normal way on Youtube. And it makes me wonder what is up with Valentini's white hot anger. And it all makes me wonder.

There's a picture I've seen floating around from someone's Twitter account. It's of some of the cast, smiling, then there's a monitor in the back. Someone mentioned that you could see what was being shot on the monitor. So, someone with a lot more tech savvy than me, closed in on it. When it's blown up, it's Todd, for sure, and another guy.  Holy crap, Kids, it looks like Easton........



Like, really looks like him. So, if it is him there shooting with the rest, what the hell is going on? Is Mr. Easton now on board? I don't get this but, as a conspiracy theorist, I'm loving it. All soap fans love intrigue and cliff hangers and twisted loyalties and firm family ties and secrets and law suits, so this crap has me written all over it. I don't know what the deal is but I have a scenario playing out in my head that is downright fascinating.

Let's say, just say, that Easton wanted to stay on GH but knew the tide was turning, so he jumped ship. I'm speculating, remember, I don't know anything. But, back to the conspiracy theory where we left off. 

In order to do that, he must have ABC's permission or his contract is no longer enforcable as, like Howarth, it may be character specific and therefore ABC is in default and unable to perform. Either is possible. Or, just as likely, Disney is sick of Valentini's temper tantrum and cut them all loose, which I see as highly likely as they're sick of this show, sick of soaps, and want PP to succeed as they get a piece of it. Frankie's power struggle also will likely bite him in his tight ass as I hear Hollywood has a long, long memory. He's being a petty little bitch, IMO.

So, is that Easton or is it not? We don't know. But, man, looks like it to me. It's obviously Todd as he's, well, Todd. But even the stance is like Easton. He's got the coffee cup, he's got the build, the coloring. It just looks like, well, Easton. And he is ALL over that promo. Is that why it's so hard to find? Is Frankie threatening something that can't happen? Is Easton there on the downlow and Frank's not supposed to know?  I doubt that....greatly. Should I have not put this video here? If so, please tell me. But it's on Youtube, allbeit a little challenging to find, but public and there and it's SPECTACULAR! You see, unlike Frank, I want this show to succeed as I love it in total, not as a possession.

But, we'll see. It's an interesting story both onscreen and off. I see no Alderson or Starr. Oh well, I don't care.

 But, guess who I do see? There. At the end. Yeah, you got it. That guy at the end. It's TODD!!! And I haven't seen him in about a year. Real Todd. Not Shecky McManning or Eddie Haskell Manning or Frat Boy #2. It's Todd Fucking Manning, looking like he's gonna cut a bitch or whomever gets in his way. 

I missed him. Howarth won me back in that one shot. I knew he would. 

I was happy when they chose one of my favorite Todd moments ever for this promo. It's from his time "in the chair" and he's finally coming around and he looks straight into the camera and snarls "My name is TODD" and I remember getting off my chair and applauding. Really. I stood up in my house and clapped like a moron. I think I may have jumped up and down a little. It was Todd! He'd been gone a long time and I knew, from that moment, that he was back for reals. He disappeared mostly in PC, but PP chose that moment to highlight and it makes me very hopeful. And I like that last shot. It's badass. He's back for reals again. Thank God. Leave "Toddly the Shirtless Wonder" behind. He's nauseating.  Let him go off into obscurity with that dolt, Paul Ryan.

So, they end with that new snarl and I loved it with Viki's voice over. It was great as Viki is the soul of the show and this is making it look really good. Everyone watch this as it's too good to rely on me to describe it. And if Easton is back, I'm quite pleased.

I know some think he's boring, but I like him. If it's not him and he doesn't return, I wish him well. But something tells me Frankie's meltdown a few weeks ago wasn't about just losing Howarth.......

Stay tuned. More to come, I'm sure. Let's call this real life soap "As Valentini's Head Spins".  I like that. It's very Exorcist. Evil, demons holding people captive, pea soup and all. And I do see a slight resemblance to Linda Blair. Maybe it's me.






13 comments:

  1. With all the mystery, this is all becoming rather exciting.
    This is the play within the play.
    And you were so right when you wrote a few weeks ago that Frank would be wise to concentrate on GH characters and stop focusing and obsessing about OLTL characters. As Sting sings,"If you love somebody, set them free." Frank's inability to do so suggests that he does not love Todd and John (and who cares about Joannie? Er, I mean Starr). Oh, and Ron is back to recycling storylines and not doing a very good job of it. A very reliable spoiler states that Brenda will sleep with Michael, her would be stepson whose diapers she once changed. This is an attempt to replicate Dorian and Joey's affair except in that case, it was an affair motivated by revenge which evolved into real love. More importantly, Dorian never came off as a pathetic wreck of a woman the way Brenda will evidently come off as being. First Ron ruins Robert Scorpio by having Betty White beat him into a coma, and then he takes a spirited and psychologically evolved woman and turns her into a pale imitation of Blanche Dubois.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLL!! Betty White!!! What they've done to the fabulous Robert is nauseating.

      I heard that Brenda crap and it's sick. I did think of Joey/Dorian but it seems more Kelly/Duke. Nimnuts was on staff for that and it was sicker, IMO. Joey/Dorian was kind of sweet. This should be all sordid, all the time.

      That sick bastard loves that. The GH fans don't seem amused. I'll bet VWG isn't either but I don't know anything about her. But, if I were her, I wouldn't be psyched.

      Delete
  2. First, I wanted to say that I just this week discovered your blog, and promptly spent about seven hours straight reading every single entry (I'm on Spring Break too!) I absolutely love it! Your criticism is exactly what criticism should be: biting, and honest, and well-researched and thought-out, but also informed by a real love for your subject - and a bit of fun! It also helps that I agree with every single thing you have ever written, so that makes me happy too! And your well-reasoned explanations for the recent BTS machinations have been right on point and wonderful.

    I, too, was SO excited when I saw this preview. I really worried, particularly after the unholy horrors of the OLTL3 on PC (which I could only sit through for a combined total of about 2 episodes), that PP would do something to make me regret OLTL coming back. I was beginning to think maybe it would be better if the finale had been a real finale, and everything could rest in a not-perfect-but-pretty-okay state. But, I have to say, everything PP has put out has made me think they really get it! I, too, am a Todd&Blair, and Todd, and Blair, fangurl; and all signs (knock on wood) point to the fact that this time, maybe, just maybe, we won't get screwed over. Everything released by PP looks like they get the characters - all the characters - as well as what the fans want. I don't want to be this excited for fear that I'll be disappointed, but they're making it really hard. I smiled through that whole promo, and there may have been a little "squee" at the end. April 29 cannot come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you found me. Thanks for the kind words!!

      Ya know, if you don't let yourself get excited for fear of being let down, you miss a lot of fun. I know, it could all go South easily, but my philosophy is be happy for now. There's plenty of time to be angry.

      I hope, like you, that it won't be as bad as it's been and all good. But I get the skepticism. GH was a nightmare that seemed to be a good thing...only not.

      Delete
    2. Yes, Dorian and Joey ended sweetly, but it did not start out that way. However, Dorian was always in the cat bird seat and wasn't some ghost of her former self--she truly grew to love Joey, and because she loved him, she adhered to Sting's advice and set him free. Plus, it involved the manly and wise Nathan Fillion who transcends age somehow. Michael, who was raped in prison, comes off as a shrinking violet.
      On another note, tried to watch Katie Couric's special tribute to GH but it proved to be too painful to watch that beast, Carolyn Hinsey, blabber on and on about the sexy hunks from GH. God, she is the worst stereotype of the low brow, illiterate soap fan. Who cares what she has to say? She might was well be wearing a dirty, stretched out pink sweat shirt which reads,"I am Jessie's Girl."
      God, I just can't stand that woman.

      Delete
    3. The only thing I know about that woman was a blog written about her from former employees years ago...it was fascinating!! And has been deleted. But, boy, what a read.

      That's all I'll say.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. More shock: is this Easton, the McBain recast, or a really hip Vimal?
    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/733937_10152735231140154_1741400068_n.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! That dude looks a little chubby but, hey, more conspiracies!! I love it.

      Delete
  4. D, I am so glad your dad is feeling better! I hope he's back home now!

    I love your blog entry. I thought I was excited but you ALMOST put me to shame LOL. But I can't play the promo...YT says it's private..SAY WHAT! I need to see this now! Does Nora figure into the promo? Please say yes. I am so excited to see her and my Natalie again! Easton needs to come back with that dirty ole mug (meaning coffee receptacle) of his, if mostly to continue the romance with Nat, support Viki, and "banter" with Victor Jr. when TSJ returns! My heart is palpitating just thinking about it. I watched the AMC promo, and it brought tears to my eyes! Brooke and Adam--the RETURN! I really have hope that PP is gonna pull this off! This really is a miracle that these two shows are coming back. We've never seen anything like this in contemporary pop culture. ABC the Great and Powerful tried to kill our hopes and dreams, and they--along with our shows--survive. It's such a great time again to be a soap fan. I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sent you the link personally but I fixed it here, too. Thanks for letting me know it was buggin' out.

      Old Man fine. Home. PITA...as usual. LOL!!

      Delete