Monday, April 22, 2013

The New Legal Scholar: The Anonymous Posters on Daytime Message Boards!!

I am having so much fun with all this PP/ABC crap, I'm giddy. This makes that $100,000 piece on paper on my wall almost worth it. I have those letters after my name and it seems silly, that is,  until now! I see that there are a whole lot of legal scholars on the internet. Whoddathunkit? And there are members of both PP and ABC's legal team posting about the case and their evidence, as well, I see.

WOW!! That's a lot of info. We are lucky there are so many smarty pants online and so many attorneys who don't give a crap about attorney/client privilege. Thank God for that so we can gossip about it incessantly and have long, moronic arguments about nothing. I would be honored to join in, but I can't. Know why?

I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!! Know why? BECAUSE NO ONE DOES!!!

I have seen more "details" about this "case" and the "briefs" than I did in law school or working at either law firm. LOL!! I can't believe there's SO MUCH INFO out there and this thing hasn't even had a time for an answer from ABC. Oh, but someone knows the content of that answer. Even though it couldn't feasibly have been written or filed yet. But some anon on DD has all the details. 

They also have access to the briefs.......which don't exist until the answers are filed and the cases are actually HAPPENING!! But they've been there for the discovery period, it seems. Odd, though, as it hasn't even happened yet! Maybe they have Nimnut's magic TV to take them ahead in time to see what each side will argue. And then they can come back and share it with the world as an anon on DD. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Wow, they're lucky. Or they're the lawyers. Somehow, I think they're neither. I think they're bullshit. But, hey, I'm a cynic and a big meanie who beats up on highly paid, untalented creative types. No need to listen to me. We have the psychic attorneys on the internet who got their degrees from PVU. Or maybe LU, the Nora Buchanan School of Law.

My favorite piece of legal reasoning from the psychic attorneys so far is about PP's extension and leases and dates and how they're coming due or some nonsense and how this case is filed for financial gain because PP is broke.  Are you kidding me? Really? You believe that?

Okay, let's just be rational here. If you need money and you need it fast to pay a bill, what do you do? Do you secure a loan to cover the nut? Do you clear out your 401K to make the payment? Do you contact your creditor and work out a payment plan? Well, you could do all those things. You know what you don't do?  YOU DON'T SUE YOUR CREDITOR IMMEDIATELY!!!

That's the most stupid thing I've ever read. If you sue them, not only don't you get the money quickly, as in you need it NOW, but you don't feasibly get it EVER!! This isn't a personal injury case where some dude like Joel Cairo takes a percentage and you pay nothing. This about building up a huge number of billable hours for what I understand is some uber-prestigious firm. You also don't sue the person you owe because, well, that tends to PISS THEM OFF!!! And if you can't pay, that's not a good idea.

Sheesh. That's just stupid.

The other one I love is the brain trust  that keeps arguing about how ABC is not at fault and that big, bad PP should leave them alone and let them have the characters. Okay. Why? Why should they let them have the characters? Now, I don't engage with stupid people unless I'm being paid to do so, so I haven't asked. But I have yet to see one person give me a well reasoned, legally binding, factual argument. It's mostly because "they belong to GH now".  Why? What made them belong to GH? Not seeing that response either.

There are so many idiots out there, it's hard to choose which to highlight. It's a plethora of ignorance that is infinitely amusing. The argument that ABC informed PP of the character destruction and that made it okay is another classic. OMG, this is so moronic, I can't even deal with it. So I won't. But I will say this. STFU!

You can't simply "inform" someone of something and that makes it okay to violate a contract. Let's say I sign a lease. I decide I don't like the kitchen, so I'm tearing it out and putting in a huge hot tub instead. I inform my landlord. He doesn't respond forthwith- meaning right away- and so I do it. Maybe my landlord was weighing his options and couldn't respond. Maybe my landlord was out of town and never got the letter. That doesn't make my destruction of his property okay. That doesn't make it possible for him to rent out my unit with no kitchen but a rockin' tub o'love where the kitchen was once. Simply giving information does not equal consent, MORONS!

Really, some people truly are too stupid to live.

The last thing I want to mention is the argument that poor Frankie and Ronnie are victims and they tried to save the characters and keep the actors working and we, as fans, should be grateful for their efforts. This, of course, should be rewarded with whatever they want.  This really speaks for itself. But, I'll say this about this narcissistic fantasy cooked up in one of their demented minds.

Why is it that I keep seeing OLTL actors coming out saying they were assured PP was dead? Why is that?   Why is it that these people are now talking about this issue? Is it because they met people on the street who said "PP is dead"? Did they have dreams of dead relatives telling them "PP is dead"? Maybe. I've had those dreams with dead relatives giving me detailed business advice....well, no, I haven't. But, I guess it's possible.

I could name them- like ES, like KDP, like JVD, like RS- but those are just a few who have said in print that they were told PP was dead. Who could have told ALL of them? I don't know but I'll guess.  Could it be maybe FRANK VALENTINI? I don't know that but I'm just sayin'.....

And at the same time, several of them are on the record talking about the character destruction on GH for the OLTL characters. Ya know what I mean, the dead baby, the dead kid, the twit who was "not" the twit, the sluttification of Todd Manning, the two timing, dead beat dad who is John McBain. I've now seen many of these actors talking about how their show was degraded on GH. Interesting, as these two are the saviors of OLTL, aren't they?

HMMM. I don't know but maybe the cast of OLTL is proving PP's point? Maybe? Or is it just opinion? I suppose they watched GH and saw it all. I guess they saw Nimnuts taking a hatchet to years of history and legacy characters, and one dude no one cared about, but, hey, it's still destruction.  I guess they didn't like that and, like the fans, thought it sucked.

And, let me tell you, it did. But I'm happy for one thing. This court case is giving me more laughs than any show since Arrested Development- which is also back next month- on Netflix. Know why it's not on TV? Because the best stuff is online.

Like AMC and OLTL on April 29th!!! I'll be there- will you? Maybe the psychic attorneys can watch it on their magic TV set. I'm sure they will and criticize it. But they won't "see"  it. Yet they'll know every detail. They're psychics after all.

15 comments:

  1. Well, another enjoyable and therapeutic piece, Addison. I sometimes don't know how to respond to those who say,"But, but, but Prospect Park is being greedy. Todd belongs with Carly." You gave me some clever comebacks which I plan on plagiarizing, er, I mean paraphrasing. Using my own character name, all I can think of is that famous line from The Third Man. "We should have used a fool proof coffin."
    At least Franklin lives on and Netflix is not suing Fox news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous post.
    This is why I stay off the boards. The stupidity of some of the posters drove me to insanity and I had to just leave!
    I think I going to let my condo association know I am going to paint my parking spot then two seconds later do it. How you think that will go?
    Viva One life to Live and the Blue man group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We OLTL fans have the best taste! Can't wait to see Tobias in blue make up again. I loved how there'd always be blue hand prints around the house. Nice little touch!

      Delete
  3. D, if I ever go to law school, I'm enrolling in the Nora Buchanan School of Law. Gotta be the best in the country, ya know!!!

    Why anyone is siding with ABC over this fiasco is just mind-blowing. And I can't believe Cartini is trying to defend itself over these legacy character assassinations when they did so much stellar work with OLTL in the last decade. Unbelievable. I hope the judge gives the total award to PP.

    xox forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't you work on briefs for Weiner and Cox in the South Loop for a time? Or was that Dewey, Blowem, and Howe in Des Plaines? You know when I was living with that guy in the band The Well Hungarians. Wait a minute, I did live with guy in that band!! That's true. LOLL!!

      I thought you went to the Helen Reddy School of Journalism.

      Delete
    2. That must have been someone else you're thinking of. I worked at Beecher Tool and Dye.

      We are TOLN, hear us roar!!!

      xox

      Delete
    3. Ya know, I laughed over this all the way down Congress Parkway in rush hour and then all the way to North Ave on the expressway? We're so mature.

      I'm still laughing. LOL!!

      Delete
  4. I am Woman? Every time someone mentions Helen Reddy I always think of that line,"It' so nice to be insane, no one asks you to explain." Great line and so true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poster is someone I know and he loves Helen Reddy! I'm just teasing him.

      Delete
    2. So do I and so was I! Just teasing, that is.

      Delete
  5. You did it again, wow.

    I understand that we all have our opinions, but how no one can see that ABC and craptini is wrong, is beyond me. Yes we are doing the exact samething here on this blog, but our opinions are based on black and white...or and something about the LAW and CONTRACTS. That's where we are standing. Unlike some, the fans and PP have a case, ABC, and those other two do not.

    I get they may like Codd, but TODD does not BLEONG to THEM, nor to "THAT WOMAN". So to say, "they belong together" or "they are on GH now, let them stay" is bull. First it just goes to show they have no clue who Todd really is. How do you like a character, when you have no idea who that character really is, and what his history is.
    It doesn't surprise me if those two have people posting on sites, that just the dirt they would do. But what they don't realize is that this case my never go to trial. And as I've stated before, if ABC has any brains, they would want to settle.
    BTW, have you seen ABC response to the complaint? They say they wish PP well...yeah right, now you do. And some other Bull crap they made up. It's actually quite funny, they too know they don't have a leg to stand on.

    It seems like Crapatini bad deeds and acts have come back to roost. It's funny actually, they are reaping what they sowed. They treated OLTL and their actors with no regards nor respect....paging KDP. And now the actors are speaking out, and speaking out loud. When all is said and done, I think we will learn even more dirt that those two have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that response and it was a bunch of nothing. It was a step above "No comment". I think Craptini's silence in regard to this launch speaks volumes. They're bitter, petty, self involved bitches.

      They're so short sighted as they don't see that if these shows fail, soaps are as doomed as ever. This isn't about competition, it's about survival.

      I guess it's survival of the fittest to them, huh? They look pretty unfit to me.

      Delete
  6. What is your diagnosis, officially?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go first. Go on, share!
      Back the the subject at hand--what I love about ABC acting like such ass wipes is that they are generating a lot of publicity for OLTL's relaunch on Prospect Park. I know folks who never watched OLTL but are planning on watching now in order to support the Little Engine that Could. The dumbest thing ABC did was to act like a petulant bully. To use a tired old saying, ABC has cut off its nose to spite its face. You get what you resist in life

      Delete