Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Bestest Dump Ever: Starr, Michael, and PP to GH- "Take That, Loser!!!"

OMG, I can't stop laughing. It's been a good hour and I can't stop. I just saw the funniest thing ever and I have to hand it to Nimnuts. He gave me more amusement in one minute than in years of his crap on OLTL. I am laughing out loud and can't stop. Thanks, Buddy, you're a stitch.

Michael and Starr had to break up as, well, PP broke up with GH. Okay, I see that. But I didn't think anything would be as funny as Howarth, I mean Todd, running out on Carly without a goodbye and practically doing a High Five to everyone as he bolted out the door- next stop Llanview. This goodbye, though, was better. It was over the phone. No reason. No name. No context. Just "see ya, wouldn't want to be ya".  Manning Out!! Only watch the first minute. The rest is intolerable!


Too much. Too amusing. I have to say I'm loving PP for their hard ass tactics. Not only can't the characters come back, they can't be discussed. They can't be mentioned. Their names are taboo. With this dumping event, Michael couldn't even say "But, Starr..."Just nothing. It was classic. No explanation. Just "You're not coming back ever" and that was it. See Ya, Loser!!

That's harsh. But I love it.

I thought the Todd exit was jerky and strange but when I heard they cut the tender goodbye, it made sense. And no one will convince me that that last part wasn't a gleeful Howarth. I don't know the man at all, but I've watched Todd for a long time. That wasn't Todd. That was a happy, happy man who was leaving a place he obviously wanted to leave. His last comment was basically "I'm never coming back", which made no sense in the context of the scene. It's my opinion it was an adlib and a sign of the actor's intent. Yeah, he'll be back...right. Sure. But, I've been wrong before.

This really is PP saying goodbye to ABC, to GH, to Nimnuts, and to Frank. Good job, Guys, this format is trying to save your shows and you're fighting them for an ego trip. Nice work. Oh well, PP just broke up with you in the harshest way possible. I'll bet they didn't call, but their lawyers contacted you- via registered letter. That's even worse. That's the ultimate Fuck You!

Now here's an interesting tidbit in the ongoing real life soap, "As Valentini's Head Spins". It seems Alderson told fans at a public appearance that she's not going back to GH at this point and is open to returning to OLTL. She says that PP is interested in her full time, she's up for it, and they have a meeting in June.

Huh?

What the hell is going on here? I'm more confused than ever unless my suspicions from last week were true. The tides have turned and the rats are running from the sinking ship- meaning GH. Obviously, if she's talking to PP, there are no more "contracts". If this is all true, they were all tossed out as they were character specific and no longer possible. THAT is the first thing that makes sense today. But I thought she was DYING to go back to GH? What now?

Well, the fan could be wrong. That's possible. But he did post this on Twitter and seems to have been at the event. She could easily dispute it.  In fact, I haven't seen anyone dispute it.  Prepare for old Laugh In reference- :Very Interesting", said in character. Sorry, couldn't resist. Is it true? We don't know. Could it be true? Why not? Anything's possible in this fucked up situation.

But one thing is for sure. I'm enjoying every screwed up moment. And OLTL is looking better all the time.

Bring it on! Oh, and GH- "Take That, Loser!" from PP, Starr, Todd, and Me. You suck! We're all out!!

Is it April 29th yet?

15 comments:

  1. First, what is that video? Emma, with that Sabrina chick and Patrick, and Robin's image in the back??????? You must be kidding. The Scrubs fans must be irate. I can relate to how they feel. Look at what T&B had become on GH and where it would have ended up (last minute slap together endgame).

    As for the rest of this article, bravo, Addison. The KA thing is curious! I'd love to see the ending come out soon, will be better than a soap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. The video is the break up. It's the first minute.

      Delete
  2. Hey Addison,

    I've followed your blog almost from the beginning. I'm a fan. What I'm about to write may sound non-fan-like, but I assure you it's not my intention.

    You're usually on point in your observations (at least the observations with which I agree :) but your tendency to fall into lunacy, i.e. ". . .It's my opinion it was an adlib and a sign of the actor's intent." Sigh.

    Unless you're that DD psycho who pretends to know everything about Roger Howarth and his contracts, this is bad form, Addison. I get being a TnB fangurl (as am I) but fangurls who believe they know the intentions, thoughts, feelings, needs, and deepest desires of the actors become laughing stocks. They're as bad as the fangurls who think RH is writing his own scripts or that he has storyline control in 2013 as the soap genre dies. They're as bad as the ones who believe he even cares about the things they fight so mightily about.

    You're too good for that, Addison ... unless I'm wrong, and you happen to be the DD psycho who knows everything about Roger Howarth and his contracts.

    I'd rather believe you're a sane media professor with a cornfed wit and an appropriate hate-on for Craptini.

    Either way, carry on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that and, no, I don't know anything about anyone but I do know contract law. I think I'm pretty clear about that. But there is an opinion on a line that doesn't make sense at all and comes out of nowhere, IMO. And people do adlib. I guess that could make some think you're nutty. But there is just an opinion, too.

      But I'll think about what you said as I progress.

      Delete
    2. Try as I might, I cannot grasp Birdy's point. Maybe it just flew over my head and is up there...with the birds.

      Delete
  3. Cool, Addison. I hope you do think about it as you progress. Yet even if you'd said, "It's my blog and I'll act a little insane if I want to!" I'd still like you. I'd still look forward to reading you every week.

    Now that our show is returning (for reals this time, guys!!!) I hope you consider writing about your hopes, dreams, and wishes for the show. What do you wish to see for Blair, Dorian, Viki, and Nora?

    Reading that Susie Horgan has left kind of bums me out. She knows these characters. Thom Racina is talented (he wrote for my Bo and Hope!) but I'm deeply afraid of the direction he'll take the show without Susie to pull his wig a little. I think head writers need good co-writers. Michael Malone was much better when partnered with Josh Griffith than he was without him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I need to make the psycho point. I think that's clear!! LOLL!! Sane is nothing I'd ever claim to be.

      I do try not to rip on Howarth much as I like his Todd but, in general, I'm lukewarm on him. No one throw things!! Let's say, I'm glad he's back as Todd but I'm more open to a recast than some. That's why I found your comment interesting. But I do find everything you say interesting!

      I like fans now more than the shows. That's why I lurk DD as the fans at the GH thread are hysterical!! I obviously get off on anger. Unfortunately, I'm avoiding the OLTL side. Too much fighting. It scares me.

      I'm not as much of a hopes and wishes girl as a crazed conspiracy theorist, so this crap is too fun to me. I don't know what any of them are doing or why the writer left or what's going on, but the speculation is like crack to me. I'm addicted!

      I loved Bo and Hope!! Supercouple who didn't get dull, IMO. I still do. I guess Bo is just on vacation forever or something? I miss that Bo. If he came back, I might, as well.

      I'd love Josh Griffith to come back but he's at Y&R. Malone creeps me out. But I'm Lorraine Broderick's bitch. Love her.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you're a little insane. Me too! I just pulled your coat because I feared ... really, I don't know what I feared. The more I think about it, it's none of my business. It's just that I enjoy you so much, and I respect your opinions, even when I don't agree with you.

    Rip on Howarth all you want! I'm a TnB fan--not a Howarth fan. His flounces never stopped me from watching ABC's One Life to Live. Should he bolt to play New Character on GH, I won't be disappointed. I'll happily watch OLTL 2.0 without a care in the world. I didn't follow Howarth to As The World Turns to watch his Paul Ryan (though I've seen clips. What in the world-of-bad-acting was that, Roger?!?!!)

    I kind of enjoy it when you rip on him. He's worshiped so much, while the women in his orbit are bashed and trashed mercilessly. When someone does deign to talk about Howarth's LACKS, I squee a little. The constant merit-less worship (seriously, it ain't 1994 anymore) makes me die a little inside. But I'm funny. I love his Todd. Always have. Always will. Roger's Todd with Kassie's Blair is my favorite television meal. I eat them up and ask for thirds!

    I tend to like the bad boys, but Bo Brady is the only hero I've truly cared about in all of soaps (I even liked Robert Kelker-Kelly's version). Despite being a cop, Bo is a bit of a bad boy himself. Even today, I'd love for him to save me some time. I TRUST him, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ITA on all of this. I think Howarth often sucks even as Todd. I actually think he throws scenes, as did TSJ, which motivates my looking at him sideways a lot.

      Now I am an Irizarry fangurl- out and proud. I am the only person who loved him on Y&R. Also Bergman. He and Canary are the best in daytime, IMO.

      I think Howarth can be great but this stint on GH taught me I'm a OLTL Todd fan, not even a Todd fan.

      Delete
  5. I can't respond to the OLTL behind the scenes action because I try not to have an opinion on something of which I know very little. But I do know that like you, I am a OLTL Todd fan, not just a Todd fan. And I do know that my 30 year addiction to GH has finally been cured--it's been cured by bad writing. Ron cannot multitask storylines or create or sustain interesting characters to save his life. I look at the comments of GH fans and for the life of me, I cannot understood how they think this is good storytelling or how they think Sabrina is actually an interesting person and not some robot who escaped from Disneyland. I read comments from GH fans who actually said they downloaded Sabrina's "You are not Alone" song from ITunes! (shudder). How can they possibly think this is good character development, good story telling and a good song?
    On a brighter note, I agree with you about Peter Bergman. Aside from being a really good and underrated actor, by all accounts he is a lovely and generous man. I think Jack's best scenes lately have been with Adam, also an allegedly very good person which I think comes through with his character's persona. Even when Adam is doing horrible and vile things to other people, you can't help but kind of feel for him. I attribute that to the actor himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bergman cries over AMC and having to leave it because they fired him. He had me at that! But I think he's a spectacular actor. I can't believe Jack is Cliff, who was an annoying, good guy. I hated Cliff. Love Jack. He's that good. And no one does emotion better, IMO. No one.

      Delete
  6. I agree. He was incredibly close to James Mitchell (Palmer Courtlandt) and wrote a lovely tribute for the man after he died. Yes, he said he cried for the longest time when driving past that old ABC studio where they shot AMC. I appreciate a man who wears his heart on his sleeve they way Bergman does.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been watching bits and pieces of soaps on SoapNet, and I just happened to catch that scene with Michael on the phone with THAT WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED DUE TO LEGAL ISSUES. That was so bizarre. I felt bad for the actor having to play that scene with such strange writing. I do like Starr, but I would much rather have back Kelly, Roxie, Kevin, Rachel, Cristian and Joey. I don't understand why Ron C. wrote the sendoffs this way--it's really half-assed. It would have been so much better to simply backburner the OLTL characters, and then later come up with some reason they can't return. It still would have been awkward, but not laughably so as this stuff is. I saw the recent pic on KDP's FB page with her and Roger, and it makes me feel so cute. They have so much chemistry. As you know, I'm not a huge Howarth fan. I definitely preferred TSJ as Todd, but I'll take him as Victor Jr. if I have to LOL. I can't wait to see him with FL. I've been watching the reruns on SoapNet, and they're at the part now where Tea is "near death." I love this story so much; I still consider it a crime that FL didn't win an Emmy for that last year. I finally saw the promo, and I love all the stuff with Bo and Nora! I think Natalie should have figured more into the goings-on. The promo looks very professional, and it really got my heart racing. Less than three weeks to go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, do you still have my email? It's my first initial and last name at the school dot edu. You know- the one, right. I want to talk to you and can't remember yours.

      Delete
  8. ABC announced today that RH, ME and KA will be returning to GH as different characters. Who knows if this is true? If so, their air dates will be May 10. Why oh why is Ron and Frank still focusing on these three?
    Why are they not focusing on saving this sinking ship by focusing on pre existing GH characters? And the band played on....

    ReplyDelete