Friday, April 12, 2013

The End of the Story: Valentini's Fatal Attraction Moment- He Won't Be Ignored!!

Ya know, I think I'll have to play network here and cancel my own real life soap opera,  "As Valentini's Head Spins". It's getting too weird and sick, even for me.  It's like Breaking Bonaduce. Watching the real life deterioration of man can be fascinating, but people of conscience have to turn away eventually. It's too sick to watch. And being a viewer almost makes you a party to the destruction.

This guy is really off the rails.  I'm pulling the plug, even though the ratings are through the roof. I have to admit that I started this little venture because a few well meaning people in my real life were pushing me for years and because I was going off on long tirades on TWOP. So, to spare the posters there my ravings, I just started writing them here. Now, with this drama, the numbers are out of control.  I can't believe it. But, like OLTL before it, even a successful venture can be pulled. I'm cancelling Frank, again. He's too much for me to stomach.

Why, you might ask. Why cancel a good thing?  Well, yesterday, while PP is riding high on some great info and an exciting promo, Pissy Boy announces he's getting his actors back as new characters and they'll premiere a little over a week after PP's launch. Well, okay. But all I can say is this:




Look at how great this is!!! This not only looks like the best stuff I've seen, in, well, years, it's prime time good. It's just good.  And Pissy Boy didn't like it.  So, what does he do? He pisses on it, as Pissy Boys will do. And he looks as classy as David Vickers.  Good work, Frank, you're tacky and bitter. 

So, he's lashing out but why do I care about a show I don't watch? How does that have an impact on this?  It doesn't. This is still great and I'm too psyched for words.  I have my shows back and this promo makes me want to watch it. GH what? I thought that shit got cancelled years ago.

You see this show is about respecting the audience and what they like. They're bringing back the core and making them act like themselves. There's Viki and Clint and Bo and Nora and David and Blair and Dorian and Nat and Tea and, yeah, I see Victor, too. So, it's what I want. And the kid stuff even looks pretty good and I can't stand DanYeller. But, after today, I love her and I applaud her. I'm a loud and proud PP fan and I'm making it clear.

ABC is bitter. Why? Maybe Todd's looking good there, huh? Yeah, that must be it. That's some nice Todd and Viki, is that it? It's all pretty great. And looks like PC never happened as Todd's all mopey over Blair and it feels like they're getting that big dance back on on PP.  And Vic sure looks like he's sexing up Tea there. Does that make you mad, Nimnuts, that they killed the Two Todds? Is that it?

So, ABC, also known as "ALL BITTER CENTRAL", are keeping their people and Neener Neener Neener to PP. I guess this is a Howarth issue as I don't see the other two in there. But, I see a lot more. I know I learned one thing this year- it ain't about one or two or even three. It's about the show and the ensemble. And bringing in three new characters to a show that is neglecting its own core is not only stupid, it's disrespectful to the people who keep that show afloat- the Vets and the Fans.

This is going to backfire- bad. But  anyone who would watch OLTL still will and might be a bit more on board now. They're under siege by a bad boyfriend who can't take "no" for an answer.  He'd rather kill what he can't have.  He won't let it go. At least that's the way it looks. And that's sick, Frank, really, sick. You need therapy.  It reminds me of this:



Don't worry, Frank, you won't be ignored. You go ahead and boil that rabbit if it makes you feel better. You're only hurting yourself, your actors, the show, and the fans. But, as long as you're relevant to the OLTL relaunch, you win. Well, you're relevant. You're the headcase every show needs. And I'm  getting that sick feeling while watching this. I feel as if I need a shower.

I'm not sure what this all about or how it will shake out, but my first reaction was laughter. This going to be bad. I think Easton and Alderson were passable but when Buddy Boy isn't feeling it, he tanks it and stinks up the place.  I've seen a lot of bad Todd over the years, GH being a prime example, and they better hope he wants to be there or it will be mugging and flailing central. Did you see the Dead Baby Lie? Yuck. Or SISP?  Bad stuff. Really, most of late 2002-2003 was horrible and cringeworthy.  But as long as it's not Todd, I don't care. Long break, recast, don't care. At least that character is safe from the hijinx. And I won't watch, so it's irrelevant to me.

But really GH has become Frank's tool for a personal vendetta. Really. Does he realize there is a show here? I know I was a cheerleader to burn it down. I own that. But it didn't work. Let it go.  If you want to keep the actors and they want to stay, fine. But don't try to sabotage the other show's launch by pissing on their build. Just have your own show and be happy.

And what about your fans? Well, you have no fans but Alderson and Easton and Nimnuts. But the fans of GH, what about them? Are they psyched? I see very little of that. And having three new characters out of nowhere is just insane. But, hey, not my show. Know what is? This:


And I suggest all angry GH fans watch this as it will rock. And AMC, too. It's looking just as good. Get back at the nutjobs ruining your show- leave it and watch this. You'll be happy you did!!! If you ever want your show back, you have no choice. You have to help tank it. Be Howarth. If you're handed shit, make it worse, and then leave. I'm kidding. I don't know him. Maybe he's just a bad actor....sometimes. But if this isn't what you want, all can you do is walk away and hope PP picks it up. I will bet you Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum won't be asked to come with it. They're off the guest list.

So I'm sending out my sympathies to the GH fans. It's horrible that in the end, Valentini's inability to let go makes your limping to the end even more painful. He's really trashing your legacy for nothing, it seems.

Worst rumor I've heard yet- KA as a recast Robin.  I know, it's funny. But don't put it past them. They're crazy. They've got the water boiling and they're about to dump in Fred the Magic Frog. Now, that's not nice.

13 comments:

  1. This news is shocking . . . only not! Truly, the only thing I'm surprised about is that Prospect Park manned up and didn't allow Howarth to remain Todd on both shows. That was my greatest fear.

    If I seem bitter and angry now, just imagine the internet tantrums I would have thrown against PP. I thought they were idiots to consider crossovers to begin with! PP owns these characters. They should mold them; they should control them. PP gets side-eye from me because I believe ABC are the ones who chose not to cooperate in that matter. That tells me PP isn't always prone to good decision-making. Sure, it would have helped their bottom line (maybe), but crossovers would have alienated the audience PP is trying to court.

    As for Valentini's meltdown, I believe he's enjoying himself, but I also believe most of this is at ABC's directive. ABC is not going to pay three lowly soap actors to NOT work. They're also not giving those lowly soap actors roles on Grey's Anatomy, Castle, or Nashville .... so they're stuck on General Hospital, ABC's remaining daytime serial.

    Some of us lose perspective when it comes to these actors and their options. Howarth and Easton might be the chew toys Prospect Park and General Hospital fight over, but they're still just soap stars. Hayden Panettiere, Nathan Fillion, and Jonathan Jackson are probably breathing collective sighs of relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the best part is PP must now hate Ron and Frank. No PP for them!!! OLTL is safe.

      I just love that promo. It's so good. Let them stay, whatever. I'm sure more crap is coming but I'm not as interested. I have a real show to watch! And I can't wait.

      The "new roles" should be disasters because they almost always are, but, hey, not my problem!! I'm looking forward to the recaps from a friend. The jokes should be endless and fun.

      Delete
    2. #CartiniFree IS the best part. I never liked Ron. Never. Anyone who believed Rex Balsom should be the star of One Life to Live is not a good writer. His insistence on handing Tea Delgado EVERY BEAT of Blair Cramer's life almost did me in. He is more than unimaginative and untalented; he takes pleasure in character destruction. I can almost see him rubbing his tiny, clammy little hands together as he plots to put an "undeserving" character in their place.

      I admit to fearing once again for Blair's characterization under the new team (well, Thom Racina). Michael Malone, despite his faults, knew her character and liked her. After him came a certain type of writer who just didn't like or get Blair. Male and female, they were afraid of her, I think. Malone gave her a POV and kept her a real entity, even when she was dead wrong and at her lowest. Every writer after him felt the need to de-fang her, humiliate her.

      I won't go into detail because in this PC age, my mutterings could bring you unwanted attention. But if you think about what made the writers following Malone different, you'll understand where I'm headed. Writers, just like everyone else, have their agendas and psychological dragons to slay. I'd just like a writer who won't use third-tier characters as their avatars to beat down the gorgeous, mythic, slutty blonde. In the last decade, Blair's been Donna Reed-ed, yet her "myth" still persists, even as she's matured. It doesn't hurt that KDP is still one of the hottest babes on that set and aging gracefully. It also doesn't hurt that she's talented enough to remain standing amid the rubble that surrounds her character.

      #Ronfree #TeamBlair

      Delete
  2. Addison, I go on this blog every now and then to read your opinion about GH, and I love it. I have been watching ABC soaps for 37 years with my mother and grandmother who are now deceased. I loved all three shows but One Life to Live was my favorite and Roger Howarth was my favorite actor. As of today, I have stopped watching General Hospital for the very first time. I am so sick and tired of all the drama behind the scenes. It appears that the power to be do not give a d-m about the actors past and present on General Hospital. These actors are leaving like flies and nothing is being done to keep them. On the other hand, they are breaking their backs and will do almost anything to keep the actors from on life to live who do not have any history on the show. This shows that they regret that they canceled the show in the first place. I do not see how the actors past and present from General Hospital are OK with what is going on. I feel so sorry for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Francine, for the nice thoughts. I love the hear about another family watching these shows. It was the same for me and I can't watch AMC without thinking of them all.

      According to SON, you're getting Howarth back on OLTL it seems. I think this is just his finishing up his contract as he sure is trying to make the Todd thing work.

      Maybe he knows that GH is a loser, too. I agree that the actors probably aren't okay but are too afraid to speak when they're still there. I've heard some bad stuff after they left though.

      I think TPTB are going to get screwed this time!

      Delete
  3. Francine I agree with you on both points: Addison's blogs are fabulous and General Hospital is flailing. I don't think the actors are okay with what is going on because suddenly perfectly decent actors' acting prowess has gone done the tubes. Like you, I have also stopped watching because it hurts to see your favorites stuck in this mess. It's downright depressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see how it can last long. The numbers were only up marginally after all that promotion. That's pathetic. Maybe PP will take it and fire the "creative" team.

      Delete
  4. I just found your blog! I love it. I can't wait to read more as the PP OLTL starts.
    As for me I stopped watching GH in the early 2000's. I have been watching OLTL since I can remember. First real memory I have of OLTL is Eterna, lol. For the most part I have never stopped watching. Took a break when Nora was in coma and Viki seemed become a side note, but other than that pretty steady customer.
    I was truly horrified when I first heard of the crossover. I am not surprised it is all going to hell. I know as a OLTL fan, I would have hated to see AMC characters on my show and I love many of the AMC cast. But FV has to have his favorite toys, I am just happy that his toys aren't my favorites. My favorites will be back on the very cool looking PP version. I feel a great deal of sympathy for GH fans, I'd be livid if I was GH lover. I also have a major dislike of Ron as well, then man can't write and ending! I can't tell you how many times on OLTL I was kept waiting for some type of closure to story, but he just ended it randomly. I also would get just plain pissed with how often he change a established character to prop his favorite characters! Then there is the fact that the man seemed to think fans adored Rex and Gigi, therefore would keep writing who is Rex daddy stories over and over and over again. Did I mention I danced in the street when I read there would be not Rex or Gigi!? SO happy Ron and Frank are not part of the PP crowd.
    I can't wait to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa, and I'm so glad you found me. Now that this drama is over, I guess, we can all move on to this great show that's coming. I'm more than excited. I loved what I saw and think it will be even sweeter without the Henchman and his Hack. LOLL!!

      I loved Dorian in this and Viki makes me "feel". And David? I think he's great. So pleased. Oh- and Bo and Nora? No words needed. Yeah!!!

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love all these new commentators. It doesn't hurt that I agree with all of them. You're a cult classic, Addison. Okay, I smell a parody and maybe you and/or your talented circle could do this. Someone has to create a video to Gotye's "Someone I Used to Know." This could be brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many new voices because the traffic quadrupled. Woaw. Now I'll have to keep writing. Guess I can't just do it for your comments anymore.

      Damn!

      Delete
  6. Pissy boy hahahaha. Yes pissy threw a hissy fit and wouldn't let OLTL have their day in the sun without slapping on a big old slathering of sunblock. SPF 3(x2) As if the continuous revolving door of returns wasn't bad and confusing enough, now the OLTL 3, scratch, the actors that formally played the OLTL 3 are back as Blank Blank and Blank, and everyone else move the fuck over once again. The speculation runs wild. Is KA back as Robin? Serena? Or Sabrina's new love interest (because everyone is so gay for Sabrina) Harry Lime sees Disney creatures hopping out of her butt, while I am just dying for someone more tech savvy than I to make a vid of Sabrina bleating out You're Not Alone interspersed with the Goats Screaming Like Humans. Please anyone? I will pay money for this!

    Anyway, even Sabrina may have to move over soon when Blank Blank and Blank hit the screen running on May 10th. May 10th, We even have a date, people. Don't tell me that isn't Frank because nothing gets out of GH leaked alive anymore these days. Ooo ooo ooo and imagine if he can't throw them back into their former insta-romances and how the fur will fly. Blank is now with Sam instead of Carly? Blank is Sabrina's father, brother, lover. Blank is Sabrina's sister, fellow nurse, patient, Emma's preschool teacher? Personally I'd like to see Blank with Connie because the one time she sat on Todd's lap at the office was HOT. Smokin hot. BUT THE BEST IN THE WEST: No more Tarly. Never and ever and ever. They are deader than insiders on DD. TODD IS FREE! I'd say put Blank with Carly and they can compete over hair products. And balls.

    The new OLTL looks smart and hip. GH can keep rolling out the cadavers, they can keep Peter Sellering the OLTL 3, they can keep their relish and Ron. We are ready to rock!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLL!! You are so funny I can't take it. Peter Sellering!! But wait- didn't you hear that Howarth is doing both now? OMG, it should be ham central on GH. He can do his Inspector Clouseau all over the place and then be great as Todd- at the same time!!!!

      Classic. Wait until tomorrow- I have a few statements to make. Let's just say, it's evil. But, WTH?

      Delete