Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Worm Turned Again? Valentini is FUCKED!

This is the best thing ever. Read this:

Prospect Sues ABC

Ah, you won't click, so I'll put it here with full credit to The Hollywood Reporter who broke the news:

A $25 million legal brawl has broken out over the transition of soaps from ABC to online. 

Producer Prospect Park, which licensed One Life to Live and All My Children from ABC and plans to re-launch them as Web-only series beginning April 29, claims in a lawsuit filed Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court that the network has sabotaged the re-launch and is trying to cause it to fail.

Read the complaint here.

Prospect argues that it has been dealing with ABC in good faith, allowing it to use OLTL characters on General Hospital until the relaunch, but ABC actively has caused problems, including refusing to transfer the website addresses for the shows and failing to consult on story lines.

"In the ultimate act of bad faith, ABC killed off two OLTL characters on loan to General Hospital by having their car forced off a cliff," the complaint states.

The suit seeks more than $25 million in damages.

I've never had more fun reading a complaint. All I can say is "I TOLD YOU, DUMBASS!"  I know I shouldn't be pleased but I just love being right. Frankie Boy overstepped, and then overstepped more, and finally, he's fallen in it. He's in shit. Deep shit. And he doesn't have a leg to stand on. 

He's fucked!

This is such an entertaining complaint. In it, PP claims that ABC did not act in good faith. In other words, it lied to PP. It degraded PP. It tried to destroy it's launch. It ruined it's characters and stories. In summation, it's what many of us thought and I've been saying. Frankie and his henchman, Nimnuts, went too far. And now it may be too late.

They're fucked!  Read this:

"With regard to the character Todd Manning, after telling Prospect executives that his role on GH would be limited, ABC made him one of the most central characters on that show, and even moved the newspaper he owns, The Sun, from Llanview to Port Charles, where GH takes place. This in turn has impacted Manning's transition back to OLTL and made it near impossible to keep him without alienating the fans."

There's so much to highlight, I could write a Masters Thesis on it. But, for the moment, I'll say this.  

PP is right. And ABC is fucked!

This has been a complete clusterfuck from the jump. And this week, they finally did it. The crap about the relish and "names" and the new characters and, my God, I can't list it all. There's too much. Even a first year law student could see this one coming. It's called "bad faith bargaining". You see, in negotiations, you're required to meet at the table in "good faith". This means you come to the negotiations really trying and being as honest as possible. You don't come to the table, agree to something, but never mean it. You don't come to the table, cross your fingers underneath it as you promise to X,Y, Z, and then do whatever the hell you want. That's acting in "bad faith".  And Frank did it. And then told people. And then put it on the air. And then went to the press.

I guess it's true. "These guys just aren't very bright". But this part just feels good:
 
"ABC damaged OLTL characters [...] by, among other things, creating absurd story lines, having characters do things they would never do [...] and destroying critical character relationships popular with soap fans." 

Thank you. Todd Manning is not a manwhore. And Nimnuts claimed Howarth was now "Zen" about the character.....hm. Was he? Was he Zen? Notice who's on PP's payroll? Notice who's people kept insisting he was going to be Todd Manning on GH? Who was that, Ron? Let's think about it. Was it the Zen Master? HM. Maybe, but maybe not. Maybe it was a pissed off actor who's screwing you. But, I don't know the man. But what I do know is a legal tactic when I see it. Howarth's people insisting he was Todd on GH, then going all silent about this new character shit, and PP using his name, face, and likeness all over the place in the interrim got my radar up.  

Know why they didn't confirm his grand return to GH??? Because they didn't want to!!! You dumbasses. You think they didn't see this coming? A smart lawyer stays quiet and watches the morons on the other side screw themselves.  By this I mean Frank and Nimnuts and that idiot, Laura Wright, who seemed to be touting the "destroying critical character relationships popular with soap fans"  in the press when she claimed Todd and Blair were the past and Todd and Carly were the future. Really? Really, Laura? Have another glass of wine, Toots, you'll need it when you get called for a deposition as proof of these idiots violating their agreement. You moron!!!

In other words, SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE!!

Look, it comes down to this. ABC- via Valentini and his dancing monkey, Nimnuts- have acted irresponsibly. They didn't honor their agreement. They used every trick in the book to get their way. It was outrageous from the get go. They lost and they should have let the characters and the actors leave and  have it be done. That was not the case, it seems. And there is no legal standing for anything they've done since.

In other words, they're fucked!

I'll write more about this as it continues. I guess I'm like Michael Corleone in the hideous Godfather 3- "Just when I try to get out, they pull me back in"! The drama continues. But, legally, I think it may have stopped. And I wouldn't hold my breath for the "Livers" to return in any way, shape, or form. That was ridiculous from the start. 

What I would watch is whether or not Craptini, as they're called, have a job in the near future. I bet they may be unemployed soon- for stupidity. Hopefully, ABC dumps them and saves GH, sticking a sock in Ms. Wright's very large mouth. But I wouldn't be so sure.

Next up- ABC's response. I can't wait!

Oh, and watch PP on April 29th!!

13 comments:

  1. >>>And Frank did it. And then told people. And then put it on the air. And then went to the press.>>>

    Brava Addi! I'd have to say PP rightfully has ABC by the balls and (nim)nuts. Try typing in onelifetolive.com now, yep, smirk. #OLTL #Prospectpk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you. I just found your blog and you keep me laughing. Reading the complain has made my night. Btw they don't know what Buddy Boy thinks, because he never says a word. They should've known something was up when he RAN back, sorry he skipped exit stage whatever, back to OLTL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you. I love you, too! I'm glad you found me.

      The Howarth situation is odd and I sense a double cross but I'm a conspiracy theorist.

      Delete
  3. Also to add, I just found out it might have A LOT to also do with ME. Someone juxtaposed that he wanted to sign but he had moved his family out West. Not only that, but it appears that neither men knew they were on loan from PP, which is also laid out in the complaint. This is a better story the Frankandron could ever write, and they are the ones that started it all.

    Just a question, can ABC claim they had no knowledge of what was going on, that it was all Frankandrons fault, they can't right? Nevermined they knew ,they signed over all OLTL rights to PP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there have been many actors involved in this. I believe ME wanted to stick around GH but that's who they're addressing, yes. I also think it's interesting that KDP came out against GH's use of Todd on the day before this drops. And said Frank had texted her. Just sayin'....

      ABC can feign ignorance but they are liable for the behavior of their employee. At the least, they would fire Frank and maybe Ron. That would be an act of good faith as it's obvious he's the exec mentioned who wanted them to fail.

      I'm sure this will be a set up to tank Valentini and his pal.

      Delete
  4. I wish I could click a like on all the comments posted here and Addison, I love this blog. I wonder what finally triggered this lawsuit? I mean, they have been armed with ample material since last January, at least. What made Prospect pull the trigger? What could have been the stimuli? Hmmm..? Could it have been the debate which transpired between Traci and AJ in which they argued over who owned the rights to Pickle Lila and Traci gloated,"I will always own the guts, the heart and soul of Pickle Lila." Whoops! said the hare to the tortoise.
    And Addison, I know you hate to say you told us so....no you don't. Admit it, you love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love it. But, hey, I didn't tell you so, just the idiots. What I really hate, though, is stupidity. This is so dumb. I can't believe they were this stupid. It's out of control, IMO.

      I think something was in that script and someone blabbed. Or ABC pulled the ads. Whatever it was, they've been planning this for a long time. The real goal here is to get GH to stop using the actors and I think, maybe, a way to get rid of Frank? Now that's a conspiracy theory. Could ABC/Disney be onboard with letting him run wild so they can dump him and the show?

      That's what I really think but I'll put it here- not in a blog. Too nutty. But...

      Delete
  5. Anything that aggravates ABCD and personally wounds Craptini makes my heart swell.

    Yet I'm fearful about what repercussions this behind-the-scenes soap opera will have for Prospect Park's One Life to Live. I don't give a damn about the executives or the writers or even the actors. My entertainment is at stake, dammit, and it's so close I can practically hear its Tea-like screeches as it drops epic F-bombs through my Hulu Plus account!

    I'm glad that Jeff doesn't fuck around; I really am. But if this affects the resurrection of my show, they can ALL fuck the hell off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry. ABC has no control over PP's show at all. PP can stop GH but not vice versa. PP holds the rights to tge characters. ABC already agreed to let Howarth do PP. They have nothing to use to stop PP.

      Delete
  6. Off subject a bit, but yesterday Sonny apologizes to Carly for comparing her to Brenda. He said,"You would never do something like that." (sleeping with their grown son, Michael). UH? Word. To paraphrase Addison, she should not have slept with Tony!
    Who is writing this crap? Rhetorical question.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is the thing, KdP HAD to know something was up, she had to. Not only that but when she was asked if Mr. H would be back, she said that maybe a possibility, but she didn't know. Which side do I think Mr. H is batting for, I don't know! But what I do know is he didn't HAVE to go back to OLTL, KA didn't. And also what you know about his PR people, well I'm hoping Mr. H is back with OL very soon.

    I don't think this will see the inside of a courtroom, but what I can say is ABC and Crapatini are coming off looking REALLY bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know the guy. But he went back. Fast. And he's going back to OLTL again. What does that tell me? Well, he wants to be there. And ES said he wants to be a part of it and I listen to her. She's Viki, damnnit!!

      Delete
  8. Hi Melissa! I can't believe this wasn't all part of a publicity stunt, really. They have been like psychos. It's almost embarrassing to watch them as they're so pathetic. They look petty and arrogant and I wouldn't want to watch anything they did ever again.

    ReplyDelete