Wednesday, May 22, 2013

GH's Sweeps of Suck: Dieter Sets the World on Fire........Only Not!

I have to be honest. I am so f'ing overwhelmed with real life commitments, I don't really have any time to write this but I can't resist. I saw this tweet and it had to be highlighted:

Dawn Griffin ‏@Dawn4Soaptown 4m
Maybe we should just call RH's character "Exit Door" and suggest he walk through it. #GH


I don't know this woman but she's a hoot! It's so apropos.  That Howarth is really earning his pay....only not. I love it. He's stinking up GH just like I thought he would! Buddy Boy never disappoints.

These new characters suck. Let's look at the comments from around the viewing audience. I find that there's ample evidence in terms of qualitative research here.

First up: The summaries can't help but be degrading:  Now, granted, I haven't watched. I have way too many things to juggle to waste my time. I do, however, get up early to see OLTL and am silently pleased that they're slowing down. It fits my schedule better this summer of chaos. But there is no way I'm sitting through even Youtube edits of Dieter or Silas the Dweeb or Kiki the Freak.  Yet, as always, I have funny recapper. Giving her credit where credit is due:

today was just ridiculous. may is suppose to be exciting for soaps. dieter gets weird and twitchy when lulu wants a name, then he sounded almost like a kid like "its a surprise" "I don't want it ruined, it would suck" I was looking like what are you 5? LOLL then him and silas just crossing on the pier was so dumb, it was no need for the scene it served no purpose.

dieter: what are you looking at?
silas: a woman died here, my brother did it
dieter: well I guess you can cross him off your Christmas list
silas: (in that flat affect voice ME does so well) he's dead
dieter: ah..that's a shame

LOLLL riveting stuff ain't it?i mean what is that? then dieter proceeds to hang out with his ipad just adding people's name to the guest list for his party. ridiculous :rofl: and things have gone wrong when I root for Michael and feel bad for him but kiki and morgan are just that damn annoying that I didn't mind Michael snitching them out to carly,


WOW, I'm glued to my seat. What names will be added? Why? Where did Dieter get that Ipad? Did he pay full price or buy it on a promotion? Did he put his stylist on the list because that hair is painful?  Is Silas' Christmas List long? Does he have room to add Dieter? What's the price limit for gifts? Does he do Secret Santa or buy for all? I HAVE TO KNOW.  IT'S TOO EXCITING.........

Only not. This sounds like the worst, most boring crap I've ever heard. I'm glued to my seat because I can't stop laughing at how bad it is. And I love it. 

Next up: I also see that people on Twitter are finally noticing Howarth laughing at the material and his co-stars. Hello, he's been doing that the whole time on GH!! I saw him flat out laugh in Laura Wright's face a few times. He's amusing himself as this is the dumbest show ever!!! I can't wait until Dieter pulls out the props to keep himself entertained. I bet he's surfing the net on that Ipad. Or maybe he's watching OLTL! He wants to be sure he's part of a real show. Not this crap.

Funny but on OLTL, I haven't seen any inappropriate response. Or a prop. I only see Todd reacting as he should. Showing emotion when needed, being stoic when not needed. Take the scene in Bo's office. There were a plethora of props available on Bo's desk. Didn't see him play with one. No putting on handcuffs. No making inappropriate comments. No chuckling under his breath....or out loud. Just Todd. Being in the scene.

And, finally, one more anecdote: The cool kids are done.  I was in the nursing home with my mother and aunt today and my niece was there. She's 19, a college student, honor roll at a major university, brilliant, beautiful, perfect.......but I digress. At any rate, she said to me "Addison (not my real name), GH is so bad it's insane". And then she proceeded to talk about how Morgan is now a Chippendale's model when he was a dorky kid a year ago. She's done with this show- with no prompting from me. She's brilliant. She knows crap when she sees it.

I told her it was always bad and she said "Oh, no, it's hit a whole new level of bad". Did you hear that, Nimnuts? You lost the kid!!!! It was music to my ears.

When will they get it? It's not about having a popular actor or naked men. It's about quality writing and stories that make sense and being respectful of your audience. This show is none of the those things.

I heard Tracy had a great scene this week. How'd that slip by you all? Jane Elliot must have been winging it. She's better than all the writers put together.  Yet that's one moment in a sweeps of suck. But you keep trying and I'll keep laughing. It's great. I need the amusement. I'm getting the best laughs I've had in a long time.

Up next on GH- Dieter makes his Laundry List while Silas the Dweeb compiles his To Do list.  Kiki should come up with her Who to Do List, but she'll probably just have her Grocery List.  It's all lists all the time. That's about as deep as this shows gets.

Meanwhile over on OLTL, the real show, Viki is trying to save her paper and her father's legacy as Clint gets too involved. Natalie contemplates her life beyond John while he contacts her. Tea tries to deal with Victor's disappearance and his murderous tendencies. Todd survives his latest murder attempt and  tries to get through to his angry son with little success so far. Blair attempts to get through to Jack that his father loves him as she tries to deal with her own feelings for Todd, which are about to take over her life. David's reality show is about to cause chaos and Dorian is setting up her rival.

Now that's a show. Not a list in sight. Except on the part of the audience. Number one on my list- Watch OLTL....a few times. And next, Don't Watch GH. It sucks

Maybe Dieter can borrow Bieber's monkey. I hear he may be available. And they seem to have the same stylist. That might bring back the kids........only not.

8 comments:

  1. I am #gh free for 31 days and i feels so cleanse to be away from that shit

    why eat shit gh when you can eat a chocolate cupcake oltl
    i think people who watch gh and the shit is because it is force of routine not cause they like it and maybe hoping that one day they turn on their screen and shit will be a miraculously cupcake but folks that won't happen unless you get rid of the baker who creates shit that would be ron and people who sick of having to ingest shit everyday are starting to bail out. I mean how shit can one person take before they bail out. Now that i am GH free i have an hour to enjoy the sun so for a long drive with the windows down relax on the beach anything that does not involve gh. Watch OLTL again for the 100 time during that hour because that is a show worth watching. Just reading that conversation on the pier makes me happy I AM GH free heck I do not know nothing about the new char and storylines which makes me very happy. i sure it has changed much since the last time i watch i am sure relish is still their. Anyway time to go to bed early cause OLTL is on tomorrow and i can't miss that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, with the new schedule, I watch OLTL and AMC on their alternating dates at 1:00 pm precisely, and specifically at GH. Slowly adjusting to the new schedule. I even watched my dreamy Jeff Kwantinetz (and Rich Frank) interview from the red carpet premier again thinking perhaps I was too hasty in announcing our breakup in the great Prospect Park panic of last week. Jeff, I still believe in love...even if I'm only getting it twice a week now. But rather my days be spent in longing than in boredom and disgust. Other than a freak peek at GH when the 3 returned, I just haven't been interested, and they all look silly as shit. Craptini on a shingle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roger, when not interested, makes it obvious by his acting. Ahem, I remember scenes of Todd trying to get Jack in 2002 and I remember him being shipwrecked. I also remember Roger's Paul Ryan, who was awful when he wasn't meh. They basically had to make the character more Todd-like. RH's cache to me is as Todd and if he's Franco, the mess that was that character, his cache will be even lower than if he was playing a totally original character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good tactic, George. And poor Michael Easton whose hair is either in a pony tail or a Shogun like bun. He's reminding me of that Tom Robbin's character from High Fidelity. And Todd's orange mop top boy makes him look like Chuckie the doll.
    How did Jane Elliot get that good scene in? I swear, I think she wrote it as there is no way Ron wrote dialogue which is sensitive to an over fifty woman who would rather be alone than be used by a man who treats her like table scraps....or worse yet, like a relish peddler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a list kind of girl so if Dieter can fill airtime on network TV with his list, I can put mine on Addison's blog (OK, Addison?).

    1. Buy a new pair of sunglasses to protect my eyes from RH's disturbing shit-eaten grin only on display on GH.
    2. Call my cable company to plead with them to interrupt regular programming at 2:00 Eastern time with weather updates (any rainstorm will due).
    3. Buy gallons of hand sanitizer to get rid of the stench from my clicker after fast forwarding through one hour of foul drivel.
    4. Never, ever again buy relish of any brand ever again and I mean never.
    5. Kiss my teenagers every night before bed and thank them for not acting like assholes like Kiki and Morgan.

    And finally...

    6. Try to remember why I once wanted to get my groove on with Michael Easton.

    Ready to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There were tears in my eyes when I was watching last week's MORE eppy of One Life. Seeing Jerry ver Dorn talk about Erika Slezak and how soaps have changed touched me. The soaps are still changing, and this is how they can remain vital in the Digital Age. It's all about adjusting and fine-tuning to the new media and realizing that this wonderful form of story is still powerful and beloved.

    And did you see Nora and Bo with Drew! OMG, more waterworks! And talking about Nora, in the rerun on SoapNet yesterday was the classic eppy where she really clocked Inez. Tea was also hilarious as she got out of the line of fire--Fiery Red, that is! HA.

    Happy Memorial Day, and watch both One Life and AMC two or three times!!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn it Addison! There is some nasty little copy cat out there who has the unmitigated gall to call her insipid and shallow blog about clothes and accessories, "Addison Speaks." So when I type 'Addison Speaks' into my browser, I get this little twit's blog, complete with the sky blue font and ridiculous pictures of blonde haired children with freckles who probably ingest Nutwella thinking it's health food and not a sugar loaded piece of jink food crappola.
    But I regress, I mean digress. Speaking of regression, have you watched the new season of Arrested Development? Because it's been brilliant, brilliant I tell ya! The first 2 episodes move a little slowly but after they catch the viewers up to speed it moves seamlessly along sending this viewer into absolute hysterics. I am dying to know what you think of it too and hope I can find your blog and not enter into the Saran wrapped living room of the Stepford Wife's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you were traumatized! Let me know if you need to be deloused!

      I can't stop watching AD!! It's so good. I have no time but I keep fitting it in. I watched four in one sitting. When I got to the GOB episode, I started laughing at the beginning and laughed all the way through. I couldn't stop. Will Arnett's face just cracks me up. I laughed through the credits. I just want to laugh now but I'm in a class watching a doc on blues music, so I can't!

      I'm loving it. It's so fun and so right in every way. Like OLTL, it's like a seamless transition to online. No difference from the network run. Love it!

      Delete