Monday, May 13, 2013

One More Reason to Watch OLTL: The Horror of GH!!

The Horror! The Horror!! My eyes!! My eyes!!I can't take it. Make it stop or I'll never be the same.

Is it a plane crash? No. Is it a mass shooting? No. Is it a terrible car accident with multiple casualties? No. What, then, you may ask, is so horrible that it makes me run in fear for my well being. Easy.

 It's GH. Those who are exposed to it will never be the same. It's worse than a cholera epidemic.  And just as messy.

It's a nightmare. Make it stop! This new promo is, literally, the worst thing I've ever seen yet I hear the show is even worse than that, if it's possible.  But, in an America's Next Top Model way, it's also the best. It's the worst thing I've ever seen but also is the funniest. It's so bad, it's great.

Someone call Chelsea Handler. There's a new show ready to be mocked. It's GH in all it's glory. Alderson is too bad for words and Howarth? Well, this makes me miss Paul Ryan. And I hated Paul Ryan. Thank God Todd's back and is for the duration, I hear. Otherwise, I'd have to advise Howarth's loved ones to check him in to St. Anne's. He'd be certifiable if he chose this shit over OLTL. It's cringeworthy.

I said it before but it's coming true. Ron Carlivati and Frank Valentini really are the Ed Wood of daytime. They've turned a classic show with a lot of cache into a silly joke full of camp and hideously bad ideas. They're a joke. GH is the Plan Nine from Outer Space of daytime drama.  I guess that makes Howarth Bela Lugosi? Or is it Easton? Easton is into the vampire thing, so maybe it's him.

This is so amusing. As these two dufuses- or is it dufi?- tried to torpedo OLTL, they did, in fact, create the polar opposite of what they are fighting. They are making the worst show in daytime history as they attempt to destroy what may arguably be the best show in daytime history. And that's too funny for words. Karma, according to Todd Manning, is a vicious bitch.

I especially love how all the asskissers in the "press" are turning on these two. What happened to Nimnut's brilliance, Guys? What happened to all that glowing rhetoric and over the top adoration? Oh, I know. It's over. Why is that? Why are these two morons being abandoned by their minnions? I think I know. It's because it's apparent that their shit is just that- shit. In the face of a highly superior product, the truth is now being told. It's not about how good these guys are- it's about how good the cast of OLTL was when handed crap. 

This is something I always said. The cast of OLTL could take any piece of crap and turn it into gold. They could take this shit and make it sing. They did that. This is why OLTL was not this spectacular for years. It was good but not great. They had nothing to work with there. Now, when they do, they're knocking it out of the park. And on GH, it's the shit it should be. Pure crap.

Thank you, ABC, for proving me right. OLTL was great because of the characters and the actors and in spite of the "creative" team. The cast is top notch if they could make Nimnut's crap sing. There's no way any other group could do it. Kudos to the GH vets as they're trying really hard. It's just not working.

I, of course, am not watching. But my funny recapper tells me that this relish thing is an embarassment. They should be ashamed of what they're doing to Jane Elliot. She's supertalented and a legend. They have some nerve making her into a joke. They're doing to her what they did to Strasser. Thank God PP is re-establishing Dorian as the treasure she is. No one deserves to be degraded like this. Tracy's not a joke. She's a strong, interesting character. She's not an object of fun. What's next for her?Mass Gay Wedding?

These two schmucks are the joke. They're sickening. They need to be run out of the industry on a rail. I love that they're being screwed by their prize pig- Howarth. Not sure if he's doing it on purpose or not, but he's showing the world, all over the screen, how truly untalented these guys are. He's so fucking great as Todd on OLTL- layered and interesting and often not even speaking but saying everything- and then we see this crap with Dieter or whoever the hell he is. It's truly eye-opening. It just shows what a pathetic joke this show has become.

I'd be sad if I weren't so highly amused. And if I didn't have OLTL. Get 'em, Dieter, and  (cringe) KIKI!! ACK! Go, show the world. It's truly a sight to see. 

Alderson better get on her knees and beg PP to take her back. If they're looking to cast GH, 2.0, I don't think Kiki's gonna make the cut. As my recapper would say, she's a mess. And, as for Alderson not wanting to go back to OLTL full time, "Heifer needs to take a seat". Many of them. But, if she doesn't bail soon, I think she will. On the unemployment line. I hear in LA, there's an express there for former child stars.

Hey, Ms. Thang, I hear Walmart may be hiring. Kiki will fit in well there. No "Starrs" need apply.

13 comments:

  1. D, I was watching bits of GH on Friday, and my jaw literally dropped to the carpet. There she was, the legendary Jane Eliot, being forced to talk to dead Ed about pickle relish and to sing the praises of The Chew! How insulting to the fans and these great actors. The Chew is not some mere symbol of fan outrage. It literally replaced one of our iconic soaps, and here we have this despicable POS in a GH sl, with great actors having to literally spew about The Spew! I am shaking while I am typing this, I'm so mad. To have GH characters praising The Chew is like Joan of Arc enjoying the fire's warmth. It was bad enough when I heard that Couric was going to guest-star. WTF! The lovely Finola Hughes was scarfing down these pickles in an embarrassing scene that I found almost impossible to watch. Not only was she talking while eating (and this never looks good for anyone) and partially covering her mouth to hide any possible spillage, but she was forced to go on and on about this stupid condiment. This is what these actors have to put up with! And the GH fans! I think The Chew was mentioned about two dozen times in just the 10 min total I watched of the episode. Today, I see that they will actually show the GH characters on this crapfest show. I knew the Evil Empire was twisted, but after this sick joke I will not be happy until their lights go out for good. They want to rub our faces in it. But we are having the last laugh as The OnLine Network is making soap history online. HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, I heard today was the worst show ever. It's beyond bad. I've never, ever seen so much hatred and venom from the fans and the "press". They're out of control over how bad it was.

      This has to be the end. It was beyond bad. It was BBBBBBAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDD!!

      LOL!!

      Delete
  2. I hope the GH fans hunt down Cartini with their torches and pitchforks and send them to the Bastille! Sorry, mixing my metaphors again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been patiently waiting to read what you had to say about GH today, and let me tell you I was not disappointed at all. I just wanted to say that I could have not said it better myself. Everything that you said is absolutely true GH is a disaster I haven't even watched it I can't force myself to. I have always been a Todd Fan but to see howarth play this stupid character is way too much for me to handle. I don't even watch GH anymore I couldn't stand to see what they were doing to Todd making him a complete idiot. I am LOVING OLTL this is my show everything about this show is AWESOME and AMAZING. I keep my phone by my bed also even set my alarm just so I can get up to watch the current episode every morning I can't miss it I am ADDICTED. I really enjoy reading what you write and I like the way you always and I mean always tell it like it is. You always make me laugh because everything that you say is exactly what I am thinking too. Keep the blogs coming I can't wait to see the next one and if it has to do with how HORRIBLE GH is then I am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorie. They weite themselves these days. OLTL is that good. GH is that bad. I've never seen more negativity. Maybe this will be the last straw.

      Delete
    2. Totally agree, Lori. Love this Blog. I was a loyal viewer of all the ABC soaps for 37 years. As of last week, I have stopped watching GH. I was fed up with the pickle Lila "we have the rights and you don't" crap. This was totally mocking One Life to Live. The show that Ron and Frank worked for and tried to save for many years. Then they had a nerve to have the Chew on GH. The show that took the place of AMC. I know now that I made the right decision to say goodbye. I can say that I do not miss the new GH at all. The show is not the same. I have one life to live back and all my children, and they are better than ever. I feel so sorry for the GH veterans. They will have less screen time because Ron and Frank will do whatever they can to promote those "new" characters. Who will be next GH veteran to leave? I saw on facebook the "new" characters, and they all look ridiculous. I just hope they fire these guys before it is too late.

      Delete
  4. I think twitter exploded with rage during GH today. I am so happy with OLTL right now, I can't wait to watch it, I actually get up early to watch it. Thrilled RC and FV are far away from my show. You're so right about the actors keeping OLTL together. Our vets kept that damn show afloat, I remember the summer when it was nothing but Fords and teens, the worst that show had ever been. I almost quit watching. Then that fall they brought KZ and actually used the vets and I started loving it, but when I think about it. I hated the stories and most of our characters were totally out of character. I just loved seeing my vets act the hell out the shit written for them. The poor GH fans, poor poor things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you Melissa I think the show is Awesome I am loving every minute of it I can't wait until the next episode.

      Delete
  5. The worst thing? RH is relegated to this crap, and people are "glad" because his character is happy? Um, please. Roger is best when he's Todd, and Todd is complex, miserable most of the time, and has beacons of light occasionally that shine on him to bring us utter amazement and joy. Example, his expression today as he realized his son was turning out like him (on OLTL of course). Gorgeous. If people can stop slobbering over his looks and bod, and note what he's most proud of (his acting) it would be clear where he fits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That shit was the worst i ever saw. It would be like watching 100 balki's from perfect strangers and although i like balki i only like in small dozes or watching nothing but larry larry larry form newhart all day long eating relish and discussing relish and even with them you would say it is a comedy but even then i would not want to watch balki doing his dance of joy for rielish the whole dam day gh is like this the hour. It is stupid shit. ON the chew praising relish who must be ron's lover is sickening. Sabrina must be devastated the relish is better than her. This stuff is crap. KIKI is ewwwwwwwwwwwwww and i keep thinking of that grease woman kinki or something i want rh character to murder everyone with the relish is that wrong can ron and ABC make a guest appearance while he poisioning everyone too. Ron's scripts belong in the gutter. and ME is laughable. i never laughed so much at in my life its like watching
      a man bang his head repeatly against the wall and yet he keeps doing it. There are no ones for that show -- i sure tomorrow when roger character sings his praises for the relish it will be that much better NOT Man would someone fire them from daytime already and give them a janitor job cleaning toliets. They have to trying to destroy GH cause nothing else makes sense or they are complete idiotic morons. It is a toss up right now but i am leaning to being idiots

      Delete
    2. Hey, it's Larry, Darryl, and Darryl. LOLL! I don't get to say those names often but I love to do it!!

      Delete
  6. i'm tired and ron's relish has fried my brain

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you Shelle the ron's relish thing has been beat to death my brain is completely scrambled. Enough with the relish PLEASE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete