Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Tad Deficit and the OLTL Habit: If Loving You is Wrong, I Don't Wanna Be Right....



Okay, so I feel as if I’m a cheerleader and an asskisser as I can’t get enough of OLTL. I admit it. I’m addicted to OLTL 2.0. 

I’m thinking of entering a recovery program for people who can’t control their OLTL watching.  “Hello, my name is Addison and I’m a OLTL addict. It's been two hours since my last viewing….” Nah, that doesn’t sound right.  I don’t think I’ll look for a support group because, well, I don’t want to!! If it’s wrong, I don’t want to be right. I admit I watched OLTL on my phone, which I keep by my bed, at 5 am. Yeah, I said it. What about it? It’s the first thing I did Thursday morning. Maybe it’s a compulsion but I can control it….if I want to…..and I don’t. 

But I waited until Friday to watch the whole week of AMC. And it’s now Sunday morning and I still haven’t watched them all. I got through two. I haven’t seen the others yet. I have to admit that I FF’d, as best I can on Hulu+, for both episodes. If there was not a Vet in the scene, I wasn’t interested. I can’t do it. I can’t sit through these kids.

Now, look, this is just my opinion. I love the David/Angie/Jesse stuff. I really do. It’s spectacular. The look on David’s face when he looks at Angie is wonderful. It’s a combination of admiration and respect and good ole sentiment. It’s a relationship I loved on the ABC version and love even more on PP. It’s wonderful. There’s a genuine warmth between the characters and it comes from years of hate. Like me, Angie can’t get away from David’s positive attributes. He’s so damn endearing when he wants to be!

I do love Jesse in anything. After the nightmare that was Y&R, it’s so great to see Jesse again. He’s front and center and in control. Darnell Williams is not only a terrific actor but so damn likable, you just want to kiss him on the face!!! He’s a sweetheart on screen. I just love him. 

I wish I could say more than that…but I can’t. Brooke’s a purseholder and Adam’s a bit player. I know that DC probably isn’t interested in working much, he’s no kid, but I’d love to see some good Adam Chandler show through. I saw a minute when he told JR what a loser he was….which is true. He sucks!! But I miss old Adam- wily, amusing, master of all. I’m just not seeing that much yet. But, as I said before, I’m patient.

I was never a Zach fan but I liked him and Kendall. Yet without her, he’s floating. I saw some interest with Bianca when he spoke of her but, other than that, he’s walking through the scenes without being very interesting or engaged. I just don’t find him necessary. And Bianca was always a big bore to me. She’s way too young to have a teenage kid, IMO.

Dixie is fine but I’ve thought CM was playing Rosanna more at times when she returned than Dixie. Maybe I never really liked Dixie without Tad. I remember one episode, years ago, where Tad dreamed of his life had Dixie lived. I think he went to heaven, or something, and it was one of the sweetest, most touching scenes ever. I loved it and cried. AMC is the only soap that makes me cry, except for Viki’s monologue on OLTL’s finale week, but I cried like crazy for that fantasy scene. And, thinking back on it, it seems to make sense and is showing me what I’m missing. 

Tad the Cad

Tad.


This show needs Tad. I said that the first week but, damn it, it needs Martins. I see Joe and I’m so happy but it makes me miss Tad. I miss him all the time. When I see Jesse with Zach, I miss Tad. When I see Joe with Dixie, I miss Tad. When I see Adam with JR, I miss Tad. I can’t believe it but I guess I never really understood how important he was. I just am not feeling AMC without Tad. Who would have thought it.  The heart and soul of AMC, for me, anyway, is Tad "the Cad" Martin.

I’ll support AMC as it means much more to me than a TV show. I’ll watch it and what they do have is very good. It’s just not for me unless it’s about the grown ups. I can’t care about Miranda or Peter or AJ or the newbie chick. SO not interested. But I’ll support David and Angie and Jesse and Adam. I have to do it. They’re not my children but in some ways, they’re all my family. I’m losing so many in the real world, I need to hold on to what I can get in the “reel” world.

I heard Billy Clyde Tuggle appears this week and THAT is must see TV…or whatever. But he’s the best. He’s funny and evil and crazy and all the good things soap bad guys are made of.



 I’ve loved him since he loved Es-telle and his “lil girl”, Emily Ann, even though I was Benny’s bitch. Yet, again, he’ll make me miss Tad. I think they killed one another once and I think that means they’re responsible for one another forever, in soap world anyway. 

And maybe he’s holding Tad somewhere and he’ll be revealed soon.I know, he's on the phone with Dixie, but maybe, just maybe, he'll burst in to take out Billy Clyde!  I can’t be less interested in Cassandra or human trafficking. Now if he’s selling off Tad’s old ass, then I’ll be engaged. I hope he’s not dressed in a chicken suit, though. That was not Tad’s best look and he wouldn’t be a big seller. But I'll be there to see Mr. Tuggle and I'm sure I won't be disappointed in that.

I have to admit that it’s probably for the best that I’m not as enthused about AMC as I am about OLTL. I think I’d probably never get anything done if I was addicted to two shows. It would be overwhelming. I’m having a hard enough time keeping up my OLTL habit as it is. At this moment, I’m a functioning OLTL addict. I can make it through the day watching it twice. But if I were a fullblown TOLN soap addict, then there’d be hell to pay. I might have to go on disability……

6 comments:

  1. Sadly, I am afraid I have to agree with you about AMC. And Bianca is a bore as is her overly emotional daughter, Miranda who keeps being upstaged by her own lips. To paraphrase George Harrison from A Hard Day's Night; She's a drag, a well known drag." And Miranda and her lips are dragging the show down. The hope for AMC lies in the mystery of the morrow. Billy driving back to town in his Clydemobile, Dmitri being revealed as Celia's guardian and finally, Tad Martin coming back to town. So please stay tuned!
    On a funnier note. I thought you were being outrageously funny when you suggested that Roger could come back to Port Charles as Dieter with his pet monkey. But I am thinking there was some merit to it. He could very well feign some ridiculous accent to ensure that his stint on GH is a ridiculous and hilarious failure. The artist formerly known as Starr is coming back as Di Di which sounds suspiciously like Dieter.
    Spank the Monkey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiki, not Di Di--must have Dieter in my mind.

      Delete
    2. I think you're Nikolas, no? If not, apologize. I hope for more. I do think if they get Tad, it will help.

      I heard Dieter's first day was a trainwreck. Too funny for words. I'm waiting for him to ask people to touch his monkey. You know he wants to!

      Delete
    3. I waiting for this relish monologue tomorrow

      and he promoted the chew too

      i surprised he did not come out dressed as a relish bottle

      i prob not him them tho fast talking rh char will say he was their ro see the wonderful relish cause he had a dream and he is an art dealer and not knowing the secret ingredient almost drove him to maddness and that why his twin brother franco went mad so to save his life and to find out why his brothers relish madness disease ended his he must get to the bottom of the relish mystery HE MUST KNOW THE TRUTH SO HE CAN BE SET FREE

      Delete
  2. D, I do miss Tad. He is my second favorite male AMC character next to Palmer. I have a feeling he's on his way back home. Can't wait to see BC!!! This is historic! The kids are growing on me, and I'm riveted by the David and Cara story and the Cassandra kidnapping story. I hate not seeing Brooke in a real story, but I know it will happen! Hang in there! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish Tad too hope to see him soon

    ReplyDelete