Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Beautiful Loser(s)?: John Beats the Crap Out of Todd and Winds Up In His Web

Okay, how can I stop laughing?  I guess I can't.  Watch, listen, and learn, GH fans.  That GH on Monday , my friends, was a classic OLTL moment-  Todd Manning at his finest and honorable mention to hypocrite extraordinaire, John McBain.  More fun than a bucket of Margaritas on the beach....well, maybe not that fun.  But close!



You see how great OLTL was?  Do you see how entertaining these people are compared to dark, drab, dismal PC residents and "stories"?  I couldn't have been more entertained.  Well, I could actually.  If Bo had burst in and arrested John, that would have been great.  And then Viki showed up at Todd's office instead of that loser Carly, then I'd be happier but beggars can't be choosers. Patience, I tell myself, patience.

I can't quite say what my favorite part was as they were all so good.  I loved Todd running away from John at first and seemingly looking for a gun.  I loved his complete lack of remorse and his crazy ass reasoning- vintage Manning.  I loved him being a weasal and calling the cops and laughing.  I loved John's complete understanding of what was happening, and why. It seems he understands that they are rivals for, well, no apparent reason, except that John's a white hat and Todd a deep gray. The minute he walked in, it was on and I could tell both knew it. I love the Howarth/Easton dynamic as Easton needs to be engaged and Howarth does that. Without that push, he appears to be asleep most of the time. He's so mellow, he barely has a pulse. He needs adrenalin and Todd gives it to him, as does Sam....in a different way, but I digress.

Now this is antagonism, People!  Maybe John and Todd were the "couple" who had antagonistic chemistry that a certain lame "insider" predicted.  Or maybe he was just full of crap. I suspect the latter, but no matter. Onto interesting things that are really happening!  John and Sam, yeah, that's heat.  Not sibling love but two people who want to jump each other and hump like there's no tomorrow.  Pretty sick siblings, huh?

Although I'm a huge Natalie fan, I can't deny that these two have "it" and it's crazy.  Really.  When Sam asked if there was anything she could do, you could see the thoughts in John's head were a long laundry list of sexual acts, probably starting with her ripping her clothes off and letting him motorboat her.  If you don't know what that is, good for you. It's tacky and I shouldn't have said it.  But there you have it and, again, I digress.  I always thought John brought Nat down anyway.  Oh, and while we're on the topic- Bye bye, Burton. Won't miss you.

As fun as today was, it was a little sad, as well.  Todd truly believes that John is the cause if his break with Blair.  Delusional? Yes.  Denial?  Yes.  But very apropos.  Todd is not very self aware to say the least.Yet he is still deeply in love and I have no doubt he'll get his crazy ass family back soon.  The gratuitous Jack comments on almost a daily basis tell me that, besides that lameass goodbye from Blair.Oh, and this:

Blair Cramer- Tower of Jell-O.

Her resolve to be rid of Todd usually lasts a few months and she tortures herself the whole time.  Then she caves and is so happy "it's ridiculous", as Todd characterized it. But who wouldn't cave, really, for that lovesick fool?  I mean, think about the people whose lives will be destroyed because she's running scared. That's an issue to consider.  We all know she'll cave.  She should just do it fast and save all the destruction.

But John deserves this.  I like him but he's a douchebag and he needs to pay.  Really.  Todd's right about the women he's left in his wake.  Funny how John brought up Marty as she was his victim, too.  Yet you gotta love how Valentini, and I'm giving him and Howarth credit for this, never let the GH fans forget who Todd is- the man who raped Marty.  Thank you for that, really.  It makes this cultural critic and staunch defender of their message proud.  Good one. It keeps the punitive nature of the portrayal in tact and doesn't minimize or romanticize that very violent and ugly moment. It remains the defining moment of his life and one he, and we, won't forget.  And he always got his ass kicked!! That's classic, too.

So, here's to you, Guys.  Howarth and Easton, show those losers how it's done.  Now let's keep going.

I see dumbass Carly is back.  Sigh.  Can't she die already?  She's insufferable and annoying.  I'll take a Ford over her.  Really.  Just kill her- tragic gardening accident, tanning bed incident, doesn't matter.  Just get her off my screen like yesterday.  She's  a braying nag and needs to be put out to pasture already.

Let's get back to the good stuff like when's Blair back and damn it, let's see Viki. And CLINT!!! And my friend Nora on an interstate vendetta. Or charge Todd in Llanview for, well, anything,  She never needed an excuse before. .And have Bo counsel John about being a shitty spouse. 

Bo knows everything. Maybe he can get rid of that moron Carly. I hear St Blazes is available.

And because I can't resist.  I love this man as I was a child of the '70's and the '80's and this man needs to be promoted as an icon.  It should explain the title, as well. Beautiful Loser starts at about 520 but it can't be separated from Travelin' Man.  They're a matched set!



 I bet Bo's a Seeger fan. That Snoop Dog stuff was crap.

6 comments:

  1. Amazing as usual.....love all of your points, especially the center stuff. Wow. You've said it, now let it come true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the best, Kim! Thanks for all the kind words.

      Delete
  2. I have been reading your blog and I LOVE IT!!!!!!I Love the way that you talk about Todd and Blair. I am a huge fan of TnB. I am so ready for Blair to come back to PC, and I hope it is for more than 5 episodes this time. I look forward to reading more of what you have to say,you definitely say the truth. I also wish that Carly would fall off the face of the EARTH!!!!!! I can't stand her!!! she is always sniffing around todd trying to take Blair's place but that will never happen, because it's like you said she is coming back and TnB will start the NEXT CHAPTER and I am so excited and cannot wait.I can't wait to see what you write next!!!!!!KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I replied to you, Lorie, and it disappeared into the ether. At any rate, thanks for the nice words. I really appreciate it. I hear Carly will be off with Jax soon and they can go off to Jax-land or wherever and be off our screens...we can hope.

      Delete
  3. I am a new reader to your blogs and LOVE THEM. I look forward to the next one each time. i love your talk about todd blair and mcbain and i totally agree about carly please let her disappear somewhere. Thank you for an excellent read keep up the good work,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheri, I really appreciate it. Boy, people really hate Carly. I don't see how she doesn't have a complex....or maybe she does....

      No matter. Hopefully, she'll be out of our hair soon!

      Delete