Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The History of the Dumb Broad: A Decade of Shame Culminates in Carly Jacks- Moron Extraordinaire!

I have to hand it to you, Carlivati, I'm impressed.  It's a real travesty how you've treated women over the years and you continue to do so. This time, however,  I don't mind as I hate Carly Whatever Whatever Jacks and have since the 1990's. Well, I hated her then, then I stopped watching, and then I was indifferent, and now I hate her again as she won't stop butting in on Todd's supposed life. Yet you really are making her look like the Queen of the Chuckleheads and I couldn't be happier. Long live the Queen and long may she reign!

Really, you've outdone yourself this time, Buddy. Of all the strong, tough women you've degraded over the years, this one is your masterpiece. Carly is being set up as the ultimate Chump of All Time. She's the biggest moron I've ever seen and I, for one, am loving it! She's not only Johnny's patsy, but Todd's, as well. It couldn't be more perfect.



Good job, Carly, you Dumabass Twit, trust and like Todd Manning. He doesn't have any friends for a reason. He doesn't have the love of his life for a reason, and it ain't because she's not in love with him. He doesn't have his beloved sister or son for a reason. Know why? He's an impulsive, self destructive lunatic who will mow down anyone who gets in his way...and then feel bad about it. 

You're next on the list, Moron! Enjoy your descent with the dubious title of Biggest Patsy. You believe in him for no apparent reason and, guess what, it's going to come back to bite you in your rather sizable ass. That should be fun for us, as viewers, to watch, unless you're a Carly fan. I don't seem to think there's many, so it should be an all around thumbs up for Ronnie Boy this time. Kudos to you!

Let's take a short trip down memory lane to see how Ronnie has a history of destroying strong women for plot points and sacrificing them to men.  The list I can think of consists of OLTL's greatest female characters and Nimnuts degraded them all.  He may not have been head writer the whole time, but he was for many and he was always on staff.  Here's the quick rundown: Blair, Nora, Viki, Marty, Natalie, and Dorian.  All thrown under the proverbial bus for men. All "dumbed down" to look like complete morons for no good reason.  Yet each of them at least had love on their side. I'm not sure if that makes it better, but it provides a possible explanation that they were "blinded by love".

Let's take them one at a time as they're more interesting in hindsight than any current GH character besides Tracy.

Blair should be obvious.There was Spencer and Eli and SNV. But the real man who made her look stupid was Todd.  We could go over and over and over the manipulation but, let's just say, he hasn't been exactly straightforward to say the least.  Yet unlike the others, the thing with Todd highlighted her need to believe in him as she was so crazy in love with him. She ignored her doubts or denied them in favor of love. That's not an excuse but it is a reason. At least it was understandable. Personally, I always saw the others as reactions to her feelings for Todd- Eli as rebound who was a cutie, Spencer as an escape, and SNV happened as she couldn't deal with the fact that Todd was really gone. She put up with infinite amounts of crap because she was holding on to him due to her love for the other guy, who she couldn't have.  It was massive confusion, in my opinion. So, although she was degraded and made to look stupid, at least she had some justification for it.

Nora, on the other hand, had little justification for her degradation. She loved Bo, so she had her "thing"with Sam...........that made no sense but, it was there. Then the Daniel Coulson thing was, well, desperation, I guess. But it was a nasty trick. Nora, a little nutty but never dumb, was a beard and a patsy.  Yet even then, she didn't reach Carly levels of dumb.  She did, for some reason, dig the guy. He was kind of cute...I guess. And, like Blair, she wasn't with her "true" love, Bo, so she could have been reacting to some extent.

Viki was degraded in some way but because she's Viki, it wasn't that bad. She loved Charlie and he drank and cheated on her. That's not really being dumbed down but you'd think Viki would have caught on earlier, or at least be with a guy who wasn't such a weasel.  And, come on, Paris, Texas? Well, let's leave that alone. The one thing I will say for all that, Charlie was a weakling and a loser but the actor was spectacular. Brian Kerwin was fabulous and a joy to watch, even though Charlie was a weasel.  And, again, Viki was not with her "true" love which I guess is supposed to be Clint.  I don't really buy that one but the show does, I guess. I thought it would be Joe or Ben but they're both REALLY dead, so Clint's the default. And he is JVD now...say no more. Goodnight, Nurse!!!

Marty was really thrown under the bus.  She was shown as the strong woman who could live through the gangrape and Patrick and having a loser like Cole for a son and they really destroyed her. She fell for John and then went nuts.  What?  The gangrape and Todd's taunting didn't make it happen for her but losing John made her crack?  That's one great piece of ass, I guess. Losing it made her completely go insane.  That's degradation, isn't it?  I thought that one was particularly disgusting and nasty as she was a pivotal character in OLTL history and really a representation of strength in the face of abuse.  That almost seemed personal against the actress, which I don't think it was, but it was nasty just the same. Again, degradation for love and the loss...I guess. She couldn't have Patrick, I suppose, her true love.

Natalie allowed herself to be consistently degraded by John, again he must be great in the sack as I'm not seeing the appeal out of it.  But, at any rate, she let the loss of him throw her into bed with Brody and various other mistakes.  She was Brody's patsy and John's, if you ask me.  She was briefly Jared's but I think that wasn't that big of a deal as he was manipulating everyone and clued her in quite quickly.  I think Jared was shown as Nat's true love, and he was also dead dead, so she had that justification, I suppose. But for someone as smart and sassy and interesting as Nat, she was acting like a real idiot.

Dorian was really degraded.  David made her look like an idiot. I love Dorian and I love David but she did become a big joke the minute they started up again.  Now, I'm not saying the "cougar" thing had anything to do with it. It's the stories and the scenes. They were moronic.  I think Tuc Watkins is hysterical. I know a lot of people don't like him anymore but I still find him infinitely amusing. Yet couldn't Dorian not be a complete idiot and be with him?  Oh, well, past is past.  Again, a woman degraded by the feelings for her "true love".

Yet this time, Carly's merely a naive doofus who has faith in a complete stranger with a lengthy rap sheet and who held her ex at gunpoint. Okay............ Well, if that's not bad enough, she's also being duped by her current boytoy, Johnny. Now, that's coming at her with both barrels. She's not only being dumbed down for love but for, well, no apparent reason either. This is why she's your masterpiece, Ron, there's no excuse for her stupidity. She's a true moron and we know, they're rare, but there you have it.  Carly Jacks- Moron Extraordinaire!! Yeah for her!!


I now hear her true love, Jax, is coming back. So, is this all due to her feelings about not having Jax?  That works for Johnny. What about Todd?  I don't see it. I'm sure you'll have her fuck that up completely or be "saved by Jax". I'm thinking both.  That should work. They'll be involved in angst and pain and then, when it seems hopeless, it will all work out.  Really, I don't care because, as I've said before, they're GH characters and I don't care about them.  As long as I can FF through them, I'm fine.

Oh, yeah, I'm bored already. And I'm just thinking about these two people. When's Blair back...or Viki?  This show still sucks, remember? Hell, the above mentioned characters are more interesting in the past than the ones that still exist....and that's saying a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment