Friday, August 24, 2012

The Stink of the Loser Is Catching: OLTL Characters Get the GH Disease

I'll say it again as it can't be said enough.  GH characters, for the most part, are horrible.  OLTL characters, in general, were wonderful.  Therefore, with maybe two or three notable exceptions, putting them together in any meaningful way is a mistake. Even a number of scenes can be dangerous. The classic OLTL characters get that stink of the loser all over them. End the madness, Frank. Stop slowly killing the little bit of quality daytime has left.

Look, I watchd a classic DOOL character die the other day and didn't care. What a travesty. Jack Devereaux dies for the upteenth time, and for reals this time, and I'm unmoved.  How sad. They killed him long ago, so who cares?  Better to be gone than the doofus they made him into, right?  Now kill Jenn, too.  She's a mess and Reeves needs to keep her rightwing mouth shut. But, for a change, I digress.

GH has about four or five decent characters as I see it.  That's an improvement  from the one I saw before.  Of course,  we have the Wonderful Ms. Elliot as Tracy.  She's fabulous in all ways.  Then I see that NLG's Alexis as Nora-lite without the schmaltz but I like her.  And she's a homegirl who went to school with my cousins, so WTH.  I never minded Luke much. And recently I find Lulu and Dante rather adorable, so they can stay.  But the rest suck.  Seriously.  Sam might be okay but I'm not interested enough to pay attention.

I've rattled on ad infinitum about the nightmare that is Carly. Really.  I found you the perfect pairing for her, Frank.  Chandy could be gotten for a song. He's ready, willing, and able.  Any other pairing with that braying nag makes that character irredeemable. Obviously you know Todd is too strong to be brought down by her emanating odor of horror.  He may be able to withstand the fumes of her suckitude.  But it's catching, Frank. He may be more susceptible than you think.  

Cardy is the only way to go. She needs a full body hug done only as Chandy can do and STAT.  She's a one woman wrecking crew for good characters.  I see Jax fans are panicked as they see the bus headed for their boy and know there's no way out.  There's no Blair on her way to save him.  My condolences, Jax Fans, really.

I have faith in my boy Todd as when he's not with Carly the Queen of Suck, he's still rather awesome  Wednesday he was classic Todd.  Manipulating the mentally ill woman for his own benefit. Turning into the Ice King at the mere mention of Blair's name due to excessive pain.  I only expected a vintage "I hate Blair" rant but, alas, no Viki to hear it.  Go to 430.  Vintage stuff wasted on a stranger. But one with DID!!



God, I miss that show.........

Mild taunting of his nemesis Johnny.  And, finally, his web of lies beginning to unravel and he's oblivious and powerless to control it.  No doubt Chubby Carly is about to find out what a true moron she is and, hopefully, this will all end.  They've become friends, by her admission.  She told Johnny he's harmless. Just wait Toots. You're standing under the anvils and they a-flying.  Can't be soon enough for me.  She's about to be flattened by her own stupidity. Now that's Must-See-TV.

Starr has been even more insipid snd insufferable on GH than she was on OLTL.  That's an accomplishment.  I didn't think it was possible but Nimnuts has done it.  She's downright awful.  I know the idea is she would end up being the new Viki but her sweet little romance is gagworthy. It's terrible.  Watching her and Michael the Mob Prince be all kinds of cute is truly nauseating.  Stop it or just abandon her.  She's too far gone with the stink of the loser.  Her descent started in Llanview and she's got the full blown infection now. She's one of them.  RIP, Starr Manning, RIP.

The one who may skate is John as he was not well defined before.  I have to admit that I don't mind his scenes with Sam and his hot non-sibling relationship with her is fairly entertaining.  But I'm beginning to get bored...shock, I know...and it's troublesome.  Move it along, Nimnuts, your pacing sucks. It's either full throttle or snail's pace.  Let's move on.  I found John a bit drab on OLTL but fine.  Now I find him engaging in comparison to the dolts on GH but he needs to be more involved. Let's nail Sam and go from there.  His scenes with Todd were hysterical and classic. But what can you expect. It was OLTL, not GH.

Alexis would be fine with a OLTL character, like Nora, who could teach her a thing or two.  But I'm not interested enough to speculate, so I'll leave it at that.  What I will say is that this "hybrid" that's allegedly happening is way  too GH heavy and getting on my nerves.  They suck, Frank, and your people don't.  Remember? Your show was the one on the rise. This one was on the way down. Why are they all still here when the winners are on hold? Is it that PP crap? Maybe but I doubt it.  Run along and clear the decks.

Is it that Valentini is being infected with the stink of the loser, as well? Good God. That would be bad. We can't allow that to happen.  Here's a way to fight off the illeness.  Kill the Trio of Terror and be done with them.  Backburner most of the rest. That's it. It's easy.  You're giving them all some awful disease. Just cut the cord and be done with it.

Soon enough, we won't care. And we'll be done with you. You'll be too far gone with the Stink of the Loser.

Hurry up. I'm bored. I'm falling asleep writing this................I'll have to go watch that great Todd and Viki scene above. It's a million times better than the crap I see now. Not one bad smell there. Just a whole lotta  snark and fun and good acting.  Guess why? No losers in sight.

I miss VIKI.....................

8 comments:

  1. i love your blog and i agree totally with every point i just have one question who is CHANDY???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheri,

      Chandy is the chandelier that fell on Ford and killed him in the last days of OLYL. The video is featured in the Cardy blog from last week. Chandy was so beloved for killing one of the most annoying, useless characters in OLTL history, many of us feel he needs to make a repeat performance!

      Delete
  2. I watched ALL the ABC soaps. You clearly - did not. This post is so offensive to me! I loved OLTL (and AMC) and still love GH. It is going through some changes and has only improved in the recent months. If you don't like it, don't watch - but stop badmouthing please. Most of us would like to see the entire genre survive and this article does not help at all.
    I also am wondering who is CHANDY?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i dont see this blog as badmouthing anybody but as voicing an opinion of which i TOTALLY AGREE. i AGREE most of all about carly. EVERY MAN SHE SUCKS INTO HER nightmarish self gets ruined for me. she is a train wreck.I dont want to see my favorite character Todd Manning ruined by carly. I hope blair comes back REAL SOON. Also why should carly of all people have three of the hottest men on daytime (jax, johnny. todd) after her ass. Please bring on blair and she will show port charles how its done and maybe (i hate to wish this on anyone BUT!!)blair will toss carly out a window like she did tea years ago!!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your insight. I'll be sure to take your perspective into account in the future.

      Delete
    3. First, his/her opinions are a few positives and the rest is negative badmouthing:
      "But the rest suck", "Chubby Carly",
      "Starr is even more insipid and insufferable", "Watching her and Michael the Mob Prince be all kinds of cute is truly nauseating.".
      I agree about some of the characters (Carly and too many men) but if he/she hates it so much - then he/she should stop watching. If YOU don't like it so much - you should stop watching.
      Second, while he/she and you may not like it, the show is not "...way too GH heavy..." it is GENERAL HOSPITAL - NOT One Life to Live.
      Third and final, these are also just my opinions.

      Delete
  3. I wish people would stop saying if you don't like the show then don't watch. You do realize that the OLTL fans were ASKED to watched by promising us that certain OLTL characters were headed to General Hospital. Needless to say we were FOOLED and could have quickly turned away (although many have - look at the ratings) but there are still many hanging on in the hopes that the promise will still materialize. So asking us not to watch is ridiculous because as Addison put it so well GH sucks. If I wanted loom and doomed I would watch the local news. I want to see families, love in the afternoon and adventure not what GH been showing for the past 10 years. Finally you do realize that you're enjoying the show now because you have OLTL characters, actors, EP and HW, right? We realize that and know this show should and will improve but we just need them to hurry it along becasue there's just so much crap you can take before you toss your hands up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your insight, MsGigi. I'll be sure to take your thoughts into account in the future.

      Delete