Friday, August 3, 2012

The Plight of The Network Executive: "Stop Being Mean to Me"

So Vicki Drummer does an interview with Michael Fairman and says the fans are mean to her.........Are you kidding me? Stop being mean, Vicki?  What is this- high school? What a whiner.  Take your shit and own it, Honey. You want to play with the big boys, you need to be able to take it.  This isn't free play on the playground, Vicks. You're a big time network executive. GROW THE FUCK UP! And grow a spine while you're at it.



Now, maybe I should be nicer to her. I won't say that she looks fat in that picture on Fairman's site. I won't say that she looks matronly in that picture. I won't say that she needs a makeover to be in the public eye at all. I won't say any of those things. Does that make you feel better, Vicki?  I'm not making personal attacks and calling you a "Nellie" or ask you if you want cheese with that whine?  No, I won't say any of those things. You obviously are too weak to deal with it.

But I will say this: I'm lambasted on the internet daily from my constituents-meaning students- and all I do is try to help them become more enlightened and make better choices in their lives. For that I'm personally attacked, have my livelihood challenged, and have my feelings hurt. And, you know what, Vicki, I TAKE IT!!! IT'S PART OF MY JOB!!! Believe me, I don't get anything close to the compensation you're pulling down, Vicks. You try to give a B+ to someone who never got one and see the amount of shit you get.  Then whine to me about "mean" people.

And, unlike you and your cronies, I've never thrown hundreds of people out of work, disappointed millions, and attempted to kill a form of expression to make more money.  Worst of all, you didn't make more money. You've failed miserably. You not only look like a bully, you're an ineffective bully, and now, you're a WHINY BULLY!

So, you've earned the scorn. You didn't even make more money for your shareholders, so they hate you, too. Good job, Vicki, nice work. And you can't believe people are mean to you??? Grow a pair, Vicki, you sound like a big ass baby.  You all fucked up, ruined many real people's lives and careers, and upset the fans who were loyal to your network for decades.  DEAL WITH IT!!!!!

Have some integrity which, it's obvious, your network never did have. Don't complain about people not being nice. You took a job and you made a decision. Maybe it wasn't yours. That's not our problem. You represent the people who made it.  You have no right to come out now and complain about criticism. It's not only unseemly, it makes you look ridiculous. It makes you appear to be a victim when we all know who the real victims are here. So, in case you forgot, let's run down who those people are, shall we?

The Creatives- meaning the actors, the writers, the producers, and so on


The Crew


The Ancillary Small Business People who made a living off of several active studios in Manhattan


The Fans


The Culture

Need I continue? I don't think so....

But, let's all feel sorry for poor little Vicki. People are mean to her. I'm sure she can get comfort in her luxury automobile on the way to her beach house. I'm sure she can shop herself into feeling better. I'm sure she can eat more. And drink more. And, for a capper, obviously whine more!!!

Don't look to us to stop being mean or feel bad for you. You deserve the abuse, now more than ever. And, by the way, Vicki, BITE ME!! Your network made a dumb move, had an even worse way of dealing with it, and now are complaining about the mean old fans hurting your iddle widdle feelings. Aw, poor Vicki.

Let's not even look at the derogatory way you all defined said fans for years. No, let's not get into that. Your network felt as if you were above them- which, personally, I find hysterical.  I'll put my credentials up against yours any day, Vicks. Let's not talk about all the doctors and lawyers and professors and teachers and writers and so on and so on and so on....Nah, let's not talk about them. How about the big ass federal judge whose name you'd know from her decisions who's a fan?  Are you all superior to her? I don't think so. Her job actually matters!!!! In fact, after reading this interview, I think you need a little more education and training in public relations.

So, we'll stop being mean to you, Sweetie.  You obviously can't take it. You obviously don't have the courage of your convictions. You can fire people, put people out of work, take away their livelihood and legacy, but someone calls you a name and you cry like a little girl.

Here's a story for you.  One of the most well respected names in my field was an assistant professor when I was in grad school.  She was a little girl, not especially attractive, with coke bottle glasses. Yet she was brilliant and funny and one of my favorite people. She and I would hide in her office and watch AMC and when students knocked on the door, we'd pretend we weren't there as we didn't want to be interrupted.  Her student evaluations, or as we call it "Get Back at Teacher Day", were mostly wonderful as she was not only a great scholar but a fabulous teacher.  At any rate, one semester a student wrote "Your glasses make you look retarded".  Nice.  Very nice. Did she whine about it to the other students and tell them how mean they were?  No. Did she run to the University and cry like a little weasel? No.  Know what she did? She told me, we laughed a little and she decided to get new glasses. Know why? They were kind of right.

See the point, Toots?  Maybe your critics, no matter how mean, have a point.

Now stop crying about it!!!No one feels sorry for you. You look pathetic.Your network cancelled these shows and didn't make any friends in how you did it. Own your dastardly deed and MOVE ON!!Now, if you want to give them back in a super, special form, we can talk..........

But until then, stop whining, Cruella.  No one likes you and you need to own it. And, by the way, you need a new look. I suggest this:

Now that's a bitch who can take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment