Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fun with the Other Paul Ryan and GAA: Schaudenfraude in Chicago

There a few things in life that make me happy and giggle like a silly schoolgirl. Two of them have occurred very recently, so I thought I'd share. I urge caution. I love my Republican friends and family members but I am not one. If you are, you may want to skip this next paragraph.

One is that Mitt Romney chose Paul "Douchebag" Ryan as his VP. That makes my leftist heart burst out of my chest with glee. Not because I went to grad school in Wisconsin and live right over the border, but  because now any moderate voter probably won't sway in the wrong direction. I love it!! I dislike this man for so many reasons but sharing the name of one of my least favorite soap characters is right up there! They're both assholes who make me get all ragey! Only picking that cock-sucker Scott Walker would have made me happier.  Yeah, I said  it!!! He's a mealy-mouthed cock-sucker and the enemy of the people. And as I sat with several seniors today who would have voted for Romney but now claim they're staying home, I chuckled and clapped my hands fiendishly.  It might be a good day!

Second, there's the latest from my future husband Marc Berman: 

Week four of summer ABC daytime time period filler Good Afternoon America plummeted, dipping to 1.36 million viewers for the week of July 30 and dropping from year-ago occupant One Life to Live by as much as 70 percent among women 18-49, according to Nielsen Media Research...
-Total Viewers: The Chew (ABC); 1.86 (-26 from All My Children), Good Afternoon America (ABC): 1.36 (-56 from One Life to Live)
-Women 25-54: The Chew (ABC): 433,000 (-42), Good Afternoon America (ABC): 289,000 (-68)
-Women 18-49: The Chew (ABC); 336,000 (-41), Good Afternoon America (ABC): 215,000 (-70)
-Women 18-34: The Chew (ABC): 134,000 (-26), Good Afternoon America (ABC): 85,000 (-61)

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/2012/08/good-afternoon-america-plummets/

This is just the best thing ever!! What a weekend for this liberal, soap opera fan!!! I can't even keep myself composed to write this as I want to start dancing in the streets.  Maybe I can do both if I use my Iphone.

What more do these people need?  What will it take for them to see the light? They were wrong. Dead wrong. They can't even seem to admit it to themselves. That drivel they're putting on the air is not going to work. They can keep trying and trying and trying but it's not happening. What is it about "we won't watch" don't you get?  I've said it again and again and again. But, here were are, and I'll say it again. WE WON'T WATCH!!!

I'll try not to swear and rave this time as I'm in too good a mood.  There is no daytime audience for this crap. There is no "daytime" audience at all. You are chasing a ghost that doesn't exist. There will never be huge numbers like before. However, there is an audience for a specific type of programming. They will watch whenever possible. But they won't watch just any piece of crap. 

They will watch what they like, what they choose, and what they have an affection for due to a long term relationship. Not Mario Fucking Batalli and that Hootie Chick with the bug eyes and creepy face- Carla Hall. They won't watch that idiot Lara Spencer "go long" for a football. What the Hell is that? And that smug douchebag who's on that ridiculous show with her.  It won't work.  What don't you get????

What other kind of programming has people crying at the end of the run?What other kind of programming has people name their children after characters? What other kind of programming has people, such as me, yell at the screen "I hate this show", but damn it if I don't watch it anyway. I may hate her, but, as Orson Welles said about his dedication to filmmaking ruining his career, "she's my girl and I love her". We stick with her when we shouldn't. When she breaks our heart. When she betrays us. But, like being a filmmaker spoiled a successful acting career, we stick with her because we're dumb and loyal. She's our girl and we love her.  That won't happen with cooking tips or moronic banter!!!

I don't get it. I know the logic was sound. You have expensive shows that aren't making enough money. You replace them with cheaper shows that will get less viewers, but the ratio of cost to profit works out. That's a great theory. It is. But, like Romney's dumbass choice for VP, it's short-sighted. What if the Republican base isn't enough to win an election?  Which it's not, BTW. What if the negatives outweigh the positives? What then?

Well, let's ask ABC. They seem to be having to find that answer. What now, Viki and Paul, what now? You've put your money on talk shows and Katie will be as successful as Mitt Romney- bank on it.  And talk shows are tanking your agenda. Know why? It is your agenda and it's faulty. It's like trickle-down economics. Or, as Woody Allen says, "Love is like Communism. It's a great idea but it will never work". See the point? It will never work.  

There is no audience to attract here. We were all you had. I don't watch daytime TV. I have better things to do. However, I made appointments to watch OLTL and AMC. I make it a priority because, well, they're my girls, and I love 'em.

See the point?

I don't know how many times I can say it. You've lost 70% of the audience.  Not 10, not 20, not 30, but 70%!!!!! That's pathetic.  It's a tsunami. You're bleeding viewers. Get yourself to a doctor or you'll bleed out. Face facts, Dudes, you are looking weak and are on life support. And no one's coming to help.  The electric bill is due and if you can't pay, which you can't, the machines are shutting down and you die. It's over.  Goodnight, Nurse. ABC is done-for.

You were DOA and you were the only ones who didn't know it. We all saw it and warned you and told you and now, you're all shocked.  That's pathetic. 

You better get David Hayward STAT!! He can make the dead rise. You should know that. It was your idea..................

No comments:

Post a Comment